1 mth old ducklings... what now??

mybackyardgals

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2016
Gainesville, GA
image.jpg
As a new mom to raising ducklings, I’m looking for advice for my 1 month old ducks.. I’m guessing at the 1 mth age too!?!
What do I feed them? They love play time in the bath but should I begin to introduce them to the outside area?
I keep them in a small pin in my laundry room. Still keeping temperatures no lower then 70, is this to much?
Any advice and suggestions are much appreciated!!!

I feed mine 24/7 feed until I start letting them free range… which is when they have all of there feathers in… I would honestly say they look younger than 1 month but I don't know… you can feed them regular chick food but make sure its NOT medicated… and yes you can take them outside to eat grass and such, its good for them to! (as long as the grass ain't fertilized)

I feed mine by the chart on the back of my duck food bag. They have access to it 24/7 along with water. I also start taking them outside for small periods of time.
When you take them out, what do you put them in? My chicken coop is to big. They will eventually be living on a pond behind my house, but I want to be sure they can take care of themselves before introducing them to this.
They are fast and I’ll protect them as much as possible but they still seem like babies!!

I feed mine 24/7 feed until I start letting them free range… which is when they have all of there feathers in… I would honestly say they look younger than 1 month but I don't know… you can feed them regular chick food but make sure its NOT medicated… and yes you can take them outside to eat grass and such, its good for them to! (as long as the grass ain't fertilized)
Also on another note they can go outside the day they are born as long as they have wind breaker and a heat source…

I noticed you're from Georgia as am I so I thought I could help. I have 1 month old ducklings as well. 2nd time around though. Today was a warm day so they were outside the whole day and we moved their coop outside, so this will be their first day outside without food or water. (our first batch was put outside without food or water at the same age so it'll be fine :D

Introduce them to the outside as soon as you can. It's good for them and will help reduce the mess they make inside. Also I turned the heat lamp off a week ago when temperature inside was 65ish.

I’m thinking they look pretty young too!! They are just beginning to grow feathers. I think?? They have rough spots with stubs of little hairs. Starting to get that ‘pre teen’ look like I called my baby chicks ‍♂️

I noticed you're from Georgia as am I so I thought I could help. I have 1 month old ducklings as well. 2nd time around though. Today was a warm day so they were outside the whole day and we moved their coop outside, so this will be their first day outside without food or water. (our first batch was put outside without food or water at the same age so it'll be fine :D

Introduce them to the outside as soon as you can. It's good for them and will help reduce the mess they make inside. Also I turned the heat lamp off a week ago when temperature inside was 65ish.
Thanks!! I’m rather new to Georgia (moved from SC about two years ago) but the farm life is wonderful just lots to learn!!!

I’m thinking they look pretty young too!! They are just beginning to grow feathers. I think?? They have rough spots with stubs of little hairs. Starting to get that ‘pre teen’ look like I called my baby chicks ‍♂️

Here's mine at a month old
IMG_3031.JPG

EDIT: Looking at mine I do agree that yours look younger...

Also how many do you have? I have 9 so I'm not too worried about cold because they can bunch together but if you only have a few that probably won't help.

Back
Top Bottom