1 out of 4 at day 22

Lisa2222

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 13, 2012
Arvada Co
I have 4 eggs in lockdown. I heard one yesterday morning day 21 and she broke through last night. Now I don't see anything going on with the other 3. How patient should I be. I feel bad for the singleton and hope there is a hatch buddy for her. I candled at day 17 and the 4 were black blobs but I didnt see any movement. Do I wait until tomorrow Day 23 to check on them?

21 days in just a guide with incubating eggs, nothing is set in stone. My cut off point is day 25 for eggs that havnt hatched. I would then candle and tap to see if you can see any movement or hear anymore peeping. Hope some more hatch for you and wishing you the very best of luck:fl

Thank you! I will hold off a few more days and candle for movement on Friday. So very hard to not hold the new baby since she's alone : )
fl.gif
hoping for at least one more. This is my first baby from incubating. My last try, 3 silkies died right before internal pip, probably from lack of humidity and over candling
hu.gif

So only 1 made it out. One died after internal pip and the other didnt make it to the pip at all.

So I have one chick and I read to add a mirror for some company. Now it never chips and just stairs at itself unless she is sleeping. Should i be worried?

I have some more chicks hatching but not till the 18th and this chick will be almost 3 weeks. Do you think they will mesh at that age?

So only 1 made it out. One died after internal pip and the other didnt make it to the pip at all.

So I have one chick and I read to add a mirror for some company. Now it never chips and just stairs at itself unless she is sleeping. Should i be worried?

I have some more chicks hatching but not till the 18th and this chick will be almost 3 weeks. Do you think they will mesh at that age?
They Might get alone good together---I personally would wait for about a week before I tried putting them together-----this would allow the younger to get their strength built up some. Good Luck in your Future hatches!

They Might get alone good together---I personally would wait for about a week before I tried putting them together-----this would allow the younger to get their strength built up some. Good Luck in your Future hatches!
Oh, good idea, didnt really think of that!

This should be interesting. So far my future silkie hatch is looking more promising. I got the hovabator 1588 and shut down the farm Inovators turn knob style. Much easier to hold temps in the 1588 plus I love the huge window : ) So far less clears at day 7.

My bantam BLR wyndotte is a feisty one, I can see where he/she was the only one to made it. HE/She is the quietest chick I have ever raised but not warming up to my hand in there yet. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom