1 round worm found in poop, must I deworm? I try to be organic

Thanks Wynette! I'll write that down.
thumbsup.gif

Sure thing! When I contacted him, he sent me several documents on Verm-X. Anyone wishing to see them, PM me with your e-mail address & I'll send.

Quote:
For an infestation, actual worms, no. There's not. Some people will claim VermX is one, but I have yet to see a claim on the website that says it kills, eliminates, or paralyzes any of the specific infestations of specific life-stages of worms. Just in case someone brings this up. I'm about to put in an email to them to ask them to clarify exactly whether or not they are claiming that this will truly "worm" a bird that has an infestation and exactly which species.

Yes, I am interested in their response, called you post any information from them here please.

I have been using DE for 10 months and still found round worm in one poop.
I decided to worm my small flock of 8 after all.
I used a wormer called "Fluenvet"
You do not have to withdraw from the eggs, but meat is 7 day withdraw.
I think that it is used in England more than America.

The DE diffinately keep the grain good while it is in storage.

I live in the tropics so we have heat all year long

www.peticious.com

is the only store in the US that sell Flubenvet for poultry , it is a powder

I think I'd try the Garlic method first and see if it knocks them out. The eggs might taste funny, but they'd still be edible. The Verm-X stuff has garlic in it, but I'm sure it costs more than just Garlic.

Quote:
Probably because DE does NOT worm. I love DE, but I know that for which it's good and that for which it's not.

If you're finding any worms in the droppings, that means your birds are seriously infested.
Good on the worming! i've heard of the product you're talking about. You might be able to get flubenvet from australian sites in more forms.
In the mean time, honestly Fenbendazole here is a wonderful product and highly recommended. It will kill the larvae stages of roundworms. It's also effective against all roundworms, not just large roundworms (which is what Flubenvet - which is Flubendazole - treats).

It's the same family and available in a number of different forms here as SafeGuard.

I just read in a poultry magazine that pumpkin works as a natural wormer. Not sure if it really works but there's lots of pumpkins around this time of year so it might be worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom