1 to many rooster - Slaughter or keep?

I ended up keeping the Brahma which was the one that was constantly attacking the Polish/Paduan. The polish/paduan had his own group of girls which only stuck to him but once we got rid of him they got confused and mostly kept to themselves.

Current rooster loves the new chicks, we've seen him mount them a lot today... Guess he just hates paduans!
+ He does not love the new chicks that are paduans,

...Do I have a racist rooster

+ He does not love the new chicks that are paduans,

...Do I have a racist rooster

Hmm. I see. What breeds are the other birds he does mount? Racism is a human term, so no. Birds prefer to stick with birds that look like them. Your old male had his girls that looked the same as him, when he left, they were loyal to him, so the brahma male wasn't as interested

Hmm. I see. What breeds are the other birds he does mount? Racism is a human term, so no. Birds prefer to stick with birds that look like them. Your old male had his girls that looked the same as him, when he left, they were loyal to him, so the brahma male wasn't as interested
Yeah the racism comment was a joke,, sorry :thjfdgfdjg thats embarrassing
Anywaysss,, The girls are the typical chickens, faverolle, sussex etc which he loves.
The one that looks the least like him is a half paduan, which i guess doesn't mean much

One paduan hen follows him around like a tail, wont leave him alone but he has no interest in her

Yeah the racism comment was a joke,, sorry :thjfdgfdjg thats embarrassing
Anywaysss,, The girls are the typical chickens, faverolle, sussex etc which he loves.
The one that looks the least like him is a half paduan, which i guess doesn't mean much

One paduan hen follows him around like a tail, wont leave him alone but he has no interest in her

Don't worry, you shouldn't feel embarrassed. (I joke about it almost constantly). What you're seeing checks out IMO. Bigger, fluffier birds, some even with feathered legs. The paduan/polish hens want to mate with him because well...they want to mate. He on the other hand seems covered by what he has. I am not going to lie and say that this isn't slightly surprising, your guy is still pretty young, and that's ("that" is referring to the fact that he leaves the girls that don't look like him alone) something we usually observe from older, mature, and established males. He might still mate them here and there, but doesn't seem to be often at all

Back
Top Bottom