1 Week Old Babies from Ideal!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by thechickonthehill, Mar 19, 2009.

1. thechickonthehill

thechickonthehill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Sadieville, KY
    Now that I'm a new chick mom, of course I have to show off my babies. I ordered 2 each of Lt., Dark and Buff Brahma and 2 each of Silver Laced, Gold Laced and Partridge Cochin (3 of the order were DOA). Just guessing which is which has been fun. Hopefully I have them all correct but time (or some more knowledgeable BYCers) will tell.

Here is Marshmallow, the surviving Lt. Brahma (one was DOA).
    [​IMG]
    This is Elvira who I think is my only Partridge Cochin (the other was also DOA).
    [​IMG]
    Ginger Rogers (always jumping up on the feeder and scratch dancing), a Dark Brahma.
    [​IMG]
    This is Ralph the Roo(?), also a Dark Brahma. I say roo only because he has just barely begun to start growing feathers and everybody else is way ahead of him.
    [​IMG]
    This, I think, is my only Buff Brahma, who is, of course, named Buffy.
    [​IMG]
    Here is either Nosy or Rosy, one of two Silver Laced Cochins. Very friendly girls.
    [​IMG]
    And last but certainly not least are the "Schwartzenchick sisters". I think they are Golden Laced Cochins. They were huge when they came out of the box and still are. This is Chickzilla.
    [​IMG]
    And this is her sister (I hope sister and not brother!) . . .Chickasaurus.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a shot of the 3 Amigos hanging out on their roost and plotting ways to escape the brooder. L to R, Elvira, Part. Cochin, Marshmallow, Lt. Brahma, and Rosy (or maybe Nosy,not sure)SL Cochin.
    [​IMG]

I swear the Gold Lace Cochins were older than 1 day when they were shipped. They look like body builders![​IMG]
    Anyway, I'm so happy to be a new chicken mommy.[​IMG]
    Let me know what you think of my new babies and my guesses about what varieties/breed they are.

2. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    aww soooo cute and congrats on your new fuzz balls [​IMG]

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Awww... They are all adorable little fuzzy butts! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by