1 week old mini seizures

I hope it works! Good luck. If it is any consolation, we tried to feed her the mixture once and then we just figured nature it would take its course and left her alone over night. She drank it on her own.

I hope it works! Good luck. If it is any consolation, we tried to feed her the mixture once and then we just figured nature it would take its course and left her alone over night. She drank it on her own.

Thanks. I just gave her more and she took more in and opened her eyes a few times. Will run down to check on her whenever I wake up during the night- usually 2 or 3 times and if still hanging in there in the am will put her in a somewhat bigger box with some food etc. for the daytime. Just see how she does.

Little Rock chick has made it through the night. When I went about 1:30 she was in a more normal sleeping position. I put a small bowl of the electrolyte water and mixed in the nutra drench and put it in her box. She did manage to get up and go over to it but couldn't hold her head up enough to drink, so I put in another smaller shorter container, not sure if she has had any. Will spoon feed her some if needed before I leave for work.

This morning she is still sleeping in a normal position and will move her to a better box, safer if she starts moving around and soak some feed in some water. Other chicks are still fine.

Moved her to a solid box and tried to drop some liquid into her mouth. She was fighting me, didn't like it at all. She is much much stronger than last night. I dipped her beak into the bowls with the water mixture and she went back to snuggling in a corner. Her neck is still weak and is having trouble walking but much improved. I also as a precaution put a bowl of the electrolyte solution in with the other chicks so if they choose to they can drink that as well as their nutra drench laced water.

I don't think any better this afternoon. Just letting nature take care of her for better or worse. If she improves that's good, if not she wasn't meant to survive.

Little Rock chick succumbed today while I was at work. If she wasn't better tonight I was trying to figure out the best way to put her down. Nature culling those animals with major problems, I assume. The other 5 are doing great.

Back
Top Bottom