1 week old quail chick running backwards

Emerson DeCurtins

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2022
Hey, I have 11, 1 week old Coturnix quail chicks. One of them is running backwards all the time, this started yesterday. What is wrong with the little chick?

Sounds like a neurological disorder....what exactly, I don't know?....could be wry neck also, they tend to move backwards but there is also obvious other signs, like 'star gazing', the head completely turned underneath the body, or the head and neck turned to one side or the other.

Sounds like a neurological disorder....what exactly, I don't know?....could be wry neck also, they tend to move backwards but there is also obvious other signs, like 'star gazing', the head completely turned underneath the body, or the head and neck turned to one side or the other.
The neck is completely normal… it just started yesterday. I will try to attach a video.

I'm sorry I have no useful advice other than getting him a beeper 😂 I know quails kinda run backwards to relieve themselves when they're chicks which I find extremely amusing. Maybe he's trying to relieve himself but can't so just keeps going?? 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom