1. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    well closer to a year and half, but who's counting? I wanted to post pictures of my coop right when it was being finished, and my coop now- mostly because the bougainvilla has grown over the coop and it looks so pretty [​IMG]
    Besides the flowers, I have also moved my waterer from inside the coop, to a chicken "nipple" water bucket in the run. You can see more pictures of my coop from when it was first built on my page.

Last year:
    [​IMG]

Now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    Oh how very lovely. It provides shade and looks so pretty. Does it smell good? (the flowers that is, I know what a chicken run smells like:/)

3. sunshyn225

sunshyn225 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    Absolutely beautiful!!

4. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    It looks great, can I suggest adding a skirt of hardware cloth around the lower 24" and burying or folding out the bottom 12".

5. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    It looks amazing! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. RGBistro

RGBistro Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Gorgeous! My coop us under a grape trellis. Really pretty when the are grapes dangling off the top!

- Kim

7. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Thanks for the comments [​IMG]

The flowers don't have any scent unfortunately, but they are very pretty and can handle the heat very well.

@gavinandallison- I was going to put hardware cloth around the bottom, but the girls are never in the run after dark, so they are safely out of reach of all predators in the coop, & during the day they free range the yard, where generally my pit/boxer mix is tied out- he keeps most day time critters away. You can't tell from the pictures but my whole run is buried 12" in the ground to prevent any digging.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  8. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

your coop is really cute!! BUT.... that vine is GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!! [​IMG] I totally want one! haha! I don't think those grow in my zone, though. I'm planning on wisteria over my coop since it does pretty good in my zone. That is an amazing show piece you have there! [​IMG]

9. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    Is that heavy on the top, to weight it down at all? Looks GORGEOUS !!!!! Cute coop too:) I need something, but was told a grape vine might be too heavy??

10. Hopefulloflove

Hopefulloflove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Benson, NC
    I love that! Beautiful!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by