1 Year Old Wyandotte Can't Hold her head up suddenly- UPDATED with happy ending šŸ˜

Thank you all- Penny got 2 charcoal capsules yesterday. I will do more today, we are currently at her vet. Will keep you all posted, but she is vocal and vitals are good, neck is still down and to the left and she walks in left circles. We drew blood to rule out zinc and lead poisoning and she will go on anti inflammatory meds and antibiotics should it be an ear infection. She pooped while here and it was completely normal...

Any thoughts? Maybe it's an ear infection... šŸ¤”

Last edited:
Wry neck can appear widely different in individual cases. I've had a chicken with classic wry neck and she would turn her head completely upside down and couldn't eat because of it. I've had a rooster who was walking backwards and dragging his head on the ground. Neurological disorders can be highly varied.
Very interesting... gave her a second vitamin e this afternoon.. also syringe feeding her and hydrating her. She eats hard boiled egg yolks as well. We are sending good energy to Penny this afternoon šŸ™šŸ»

It was a long rough day, Penny has a lot of fight in her still but you would not believe the picture currently if I posted it. We syringe fed tonight 50 ml of a raw egg, rice, water, nutridrench soup. I gave her an epsom salt bath and blow dried her feathers. I wrapped her up in a burrito blanket and sat with her. I am shocked how up and down this has been. I know if she doesn't get food and fluids it will be her demise, so I will continue the course and keep you all posted. Ugh I hate it when they are this sick.. I am exhausted šŸ˜©

It was a long rough day, Penny has a lot of fight in her still but you would not believe the picture currently if I posted it. We syringe fed tonight 50 ml of a raw egg, rice, water, nutridrench soup. I gave her an epsom salt bath and blow dried her feathers. I wrapped her up in a burrito blanket and sat with her. I am shocked how up and down this has been. I know if she doesn't get food and fluids it will be her demise, so I will continue the course and keep you all posted. Ugh I hate it when they are this sick.. I am exhausted šŸ˜©
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom