10 blue laced red Wyandotte’s-today I got 12 eggs! 4 soft shells in the poop sling overnight!

Chickenellen

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2021
Hi! I am new to chicken husbandry after a 40+ year hiatus. I live in Oregon-mid Willamette Valley. I have 10 Bluelaced Red Wyandotte Pullets. After raising 3 children and Dorset sheep for years, I decided I needed something to take care of again.
I raised and showed New Hampshire chickens in 4-H for 10years a long time ago! So, here I go! I love these pretty hens and they are very nice. They began laying about 5 weeks ago and the eggs are getting bigger every day-I average about 8 a day. Today there were 8 eggs in the nesting boxes and 4 soft shelled eggs in the poop sling. What?????

Hi! I am new to chicken husbandry after a 40+ year hiatus. I live in Oregon-mid Willamette Valley. I have 10 Bluelaced Red Wyandotte Pullets. After raising 3 children and Dorset sheep for years, I decided I needed something to take care of again.
I raised and showed New Hampshire chickens in 4-H for 10years a long time ago! So, here I go! I love these pretty hens and they are very nice. They began laying about 5 weeks ago and the eggs are getting bigger every day-I average about 8 a day. Today there were 8 eggs in the nesting boxes and 4 soft shelled eggs in the poop sling. What?????
Since they are young it might be normal. Feel free to post it on this thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/

Back
Top Bottom