10 eggs a day now!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BIG-BIRD, Aug 24, 2007.

1. BIG-BIRD

BIG-BIRD Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2007
    I went down to the coop this morning and got 5 medium size eggs, since I have been only getting 6-8- eggs over the past 5 days someone new has started to lay some eggs, and went back to the coop at 2:00 and got another 5 eggs, and the day is not over yet so my chances of getting more eggs are probably 50-50 I hope to get 25 within the next few weeks.

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Wow, i'm excited over my one egg/day right now. What are you going to do with all those eggs.

3. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    Congrats! I got 8 yesterday. Can't wait for all the ladies to start earning their keep.

I sell my excess eggs. People line up for them!

4. chickenwoods

chickenwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    **||OKLAHOMA||**
    I can't wait till i get my 30 eggs a day im hoping for.....(it will be in the spring!!!)

Now im getting 5-6 eggs a day,and im selling them like CRAZY!!!!!I have orders line up,I cant produce enough..I get 2 $ a dozen here.High dollor fancy name egg producers sell there eggs here for about 2.75-3.00 a dozen and i KNOW mine are better,cant get any better than a couple day old eggs.and mine are free range cricket,grasshoper eaters lol

I rarely have enough eggs on the weekend to eat for breakfast,,but i always get my sausage eggs/cheese sandwich with toasted bread meal LOL:D

5. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I'm getting 7 a day now, which means I have 3 girls still holding out on me.[​IMG]

6. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    i got 3 today and only one is laying! (to be fair, one was yesterday, but i found it today)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by