10 month old Brahma Rooster Died very suddenly....

zatsdeb

Songster
12 Years
Oct 2, 2007
Lincoln, Illinois
My 10 month Pure bred Brahma rooster was in the chicken yard... when suddenly he just started doing flip flops, and fell over dead. no signs of any problems prior, all the hens are fine, I have an old Brahma rooster, Elvis, who is 8 years old and still kickin' and only 1 other rooster, a 3 year old Salmon Faverolle and he is fine also. I was wondering if he had a heart attack?? He was pretty big, probably 12 lbs... maybe heavier. I just collected eggs to hatch so I will have another rooster, he was my only purebred Brahma... :(

My 10 month Pure bred Brahma rooster was in the chicken yard... when suddenly he just started doing flip flops, and fell over dead. no signs of any problems prior, all the hens are fine, I have an old Brahma rooster, Elvis, who is 8 years old and still kickin' and only 1 other rooster, a 3 year old Salmon Faverolle and he is fine also. I was wondering if he had a heart attack?? He was pretty big, probably 12 lbs... maybe heavier. I just collected eggs to hatch so I will have another rooster, he was my only purebred Brahma... :(

Sounds like flip over disease, here is a link where someone else lost a roo to it, so sorry for your loss.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/409326/flip-over-disease-or-something-else This will help explain it if your read the whole thread. very short.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom