10 month pullets doing something weird with egg song

topochico225

Enthusiasm Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2020
Deep South
Hey guys!

I have 3 10 month pullets, a RIR and two CQs, and they've stopped doing their egg song when they lay. My mom said that they do some kind of egg song around 8 am, but they don't lay until 11-12 pm. I'm not worried, just curious. During my school week (Monday-Thursday) they get let out to eat and free range at around 6:45-7 am, and Friday-Sunday they get let out around 8-9 am. While I've been home this week, I heard nothing from the coop when they laid- even when I was up around 7.
Again, not worried, but just curious if this is a common thing for my girls to quit screeching. Maybe they miss me, and they're just so excited that I'm home that they decided to give me some peace and quiet for once. :gig (I'm kidding, of course!)

Thanks!

Hey guys!

I have 3 10 month pullets, a RIR and two CQs, and they've stopped doing their egg song when they lay. My mom said that they do some kind of egg song around 8 am, but they don't lay until 11-12 pm. I'm not worried, just curious. During my school week (Monday-Thursday) they get let out to eat and free range at around 6:45-7 am, and Friday-Sunday they get let out around 8-9 am. While I've been home this week, I heard nothing from the coop when they laid- even when I was up around 7.
Again, not worried, but just curious if this is a common thing for my girls to quit screeching. Maybe they miss me, and they're just so excited that I'm home that they decided to give me some peace and quiet for once. :gig (I'm kidding, of course!)

Thanks!

Also: it's not an alarm call. I've heard plenty of those, and this is an egg song.

Hey guys!

Thanks!

This is most likely them "warming up" is my thoughts. Vocal exesizes, check. Stay in the nestin box forever, check. Lay an egg... well maybe later.

Back
Top Bottom