10" of snow today!

subdriver

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 18, 2008
NW Ohio
10" of snow in my neck of the woods. (still snowing). Earlier this morning I brought treats! The buckeyes didn't seem to mind the snow so much but as it was still snowing, they mostly stayed holed up in the coop.

18786_buck_009.jpg

18786_buck_007.jpg

Warm in the coop!

18786_buck_001.jpg

One wasn't sure the treats were worth the few feet in the deep snow So I packed it down a bit for her....
big_smile.png

18786_buck_008.jpg

But in the end... the lure of dried cherries, leftover mac & cheese and corn chips and bread was too much of a temptation....
roll.png
Greedy buggers...

18786_buck_006.jpg

It looses its allure after you spend a couple of hours shoveling it!!
Actually I love all the seasons and don't mind the winter.

cheers

AAAAAAAHHHHHH! im in columbus and all we got was ICE, ICE AND MORE ICE! Busted my but in the driveway!!! OUCH! I want to build a snowman so bad im jealous!

It's snowing here in Maine too and it has been for a while! Before Christmas, we were at a neighbor's party and one guy's car got COMPLETELY snowed in; there must have been 2 feet or more in ONE storm! Pretty good for mid-December. All our hens are scared of it except Ophelia, who is smart enough to realize the white stuff won't kill her to walk in it.

ETA: Going out to build a snowfort... as soon as I get my butt of BYC, which is never...
lau.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning we had frozen fog and a couple of the hens wandered into a snowdrift and didn't know what to do next. They stood there for about 1/2 an hour before I put the boots back on and resued them back to the coop. I dug a path in the snow so that they could run around in the snow path.

18786_pic_007.jpg

18786_pic_006.jpg

18786_pic_001.jpg

18786_pic_016.jpg

18786_pic_019.jpg

Awww that is sooo pretty!!
I live in Newark and all we got was Ice and Rain!!! PUKE
I would much rather have TONS of snow than one inch of stupid ice!

They don't seem to mind it too much. Like I said, they wandered into a snow drift and didn't know what to do next. They just stood there. Didn't retrace their steps or anything. The rest of the flock shouted encouragement to them but they seemed kind of confused...
hmm.png

I shoveled some pathways for them and then they were fine. They are Buckeyes, a heritage breed bred for the cold. They have pea combs so they are not frostbite prone.

Back
Top Bottom