10 Skunks successfully evicted from barn

Well this one has not moved on, it came back and killed another chicken while I was in the house. I moved them all, that is the ones that are left, to their winter quarters which has a 6 or 7 foot fence. I plan to put a hot wire at the top. I hope that will stop the &@$%#£¥.

I am sorry to have piggybacked on Oliver D's marvelous saga about the skunk family. I loved it! I am very new, was very upset about my losses and could not figure out how to start my own thread. And I needed help. Thank you, Mary and others for your generous responses.i did figure out how to start my own thread now.
Hope the skunks stay away.

I'm dealing with a skunk problem myself. They got in my quail run and killed all my breeders in one night. I set up traps 5 nights ago. So far I've caught two and disposed of them. You might want to check your local laws. In my state it is illegal to relocate them because so many have rabies.

I'm dealing with a skunk problem myself. They got in my quail run and killed all my breeders in one night. I set up traps 5 nights ago. So far I've caught two and disposed of them. You might want to check your local laws. In my state it is illegal to relocate them because so many have rabies.
You're right--trap and disposal might be the only way. Seems like you can get them to vacate a structure, but they're reluctant to move completely out of the area. Good luck with your traps.

Back
Top Bottom