10 Used Cars That Seem To Last Forever..

That was interesting! thanks for posting the link. We had a Toyota truck in our family & finally sold it with 380,000 miles on it & it's still going strong -- it had that 22 engine that they were talking about in the article.

awe man..... my tank of a volvo didnt make the cut.....
smile.png

everyone knows i am comming...cause its super loud.
btw: its needs a ton of work...but it will last me forever!
smile.png
wink.png

Just traded our 10-year old Subaru with 150K on it and the day after someone snapped it up. Didn't need much work and the body was great but I want something with remote trunk opening and a little better mielage--went from 20 mph to 30.

I was a pizza delivery driver for ages and know what cars are hard to kill....and boy did I try to kill em!

Volvo - If you get a good one it can go forever. A bad one will bleed you dry. We had a 242 that we sold with almost 300K on it. It was ugly but still ran great.

Honda Accord - We were the second owner on an 82. We sold that one after putting about 150k miles on it. It got driven off a cliff (hubby) and caught in a horrible hail storm that made it look like someone took a hammer to it. Then my son climbed on it and partially caved the roof in. It still ran though
tongue.png

Toyota - Had a pick up with an SR-5 engine. It ran and ran and ran. We sold it after we had our 2 sons because we had no place to put a car seat. It had 200k miles on it. The guy we sold it to ran it until it hit about 300k

Ford Probe - We had 2. The first one was a turbo. Man was that thing zippy. I got ran in to and it was totaled unfortunately. Our second wasn't a turbo but did just as well. We drove it for years and then gave it to our son when he turned 16. He drove it until he was 20 and finally killed it.

VW Golf - Got one now. The interior plastic stuff is breaking but the engine is running fine. The previous owner added some fancy schmancy anti-theft garbage to it which is giving me fits, but it isn't something I blame the car for. I take it all over the state. It does suck when the snow gets deep, but that is only an issue a few days a year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom