10 week old EE. Pullet or Cockrell? Confusing tail arch

Your pullet has female-specific coloring. In my experiences with Easter Eggers, I have noticed that the females tend to have odd tail formations, such as feathers that look like sickles but are not, and a downward-curving tail. I want you to note that males do not have a downward-curving tail, though; what you are mistaking for that would be the sickle feathers, which are not the tail. They only hang over the tail.

Your pullet has female-specific coloring. In my experiences with Easter Eggers, I have noticed that the females tend to have odd tail formations, such as feathers that look like sickles but are not, and a downward-curving tail. I want you to note that males do not have a downward-curving tail, though; what you are mistaking for that would be the sickle feathers, which are not the tail. They only hang over the tail.
Ah I see what you mean. At what age do they start to get sickles? 12 weeks?

I to think pullet. I could be mistaken, but I think if it was a cockerel it would have more patchy colouring, with some red poking though.
That even, brown colour says pullet to me
I was thinking that too. Her brothers were much more excitingly colored. I figured if she was a rooster she would be a very boring one haha

Ok I hear people use the term "duckwing" a lot. Is that a coloration or a breed? 🤣

And thank you she's my favorite
Duckwing is a type of color. There is silver duckwing, golden duckwing, and some others.

Ah I see what you mean. At what age do they start to get sickles? 12 weeks?
Yes, an average-maturing breed begins to grow sickles at around twelve weeks.

Back
Top Bottom