10 week old EE. Pullet or Cockrell? Confusing tail arch

Katakornchicks

Songster
Oct 6, 2021
I thought this chick was female for a long time, but the tail is starting to arch over which has me worried. I do not see any pointed sickle or saddle feathers yet. What do y'all think? Is it too early for the curved tail to mean anything? Also the colorations look very female to me, and the comb is much smaller than its brothers. Of course I haven't heard any crowing yet either. PXL_20230810_213810968.jpg PXL_20230810_213812267.jpg PXL_20230810_213742968.jpg

If it is a cockerel in two weeks you’ll see hackle and sickle feathers come in. As of right now the feathers around the neck are circular the straight comb isn’t big at all and at 10 weeks it would be bigger and brighter imo. Everything pointing to pullet. My cochins feathers curled a tad but it’s 100% a pullet.

If it is a cockerel in two weeks you’ll see hackle and sickle feathers come in. As of right now the feathers around the neck are circular the straight comb isn’t big at all and at 10 weeks it would be bigger and brighter imo. Everything pointing to pullet. My cochins feathers curled a tad but it’s 100% a pullet.
Thats all what I believed too. Her brothers were obviously males because of how big and red their combs were, even a few weeks ago. But he tail arch isnt something I've seen happen with hens I've raised before so it got me worried. I hope you are right! I'll update this thread when I know for sure 😊

Back
Top Bottom