10 week old

tamsteve143

Songster
6 Years
May 10, 2015
My chicks are 10 weeks old and last night was the first time I put them in the bottom of the big hen's coop, I have it wired off, they weren't to happy all piled up on top of eachother by the door, is this normal? I felt so bad lol. We have a small coop with a small run that they stay in during the day but didn't want them to get use to sleeping in the small one, want them all one happy flock eventually...also they have been mingleing after two weeks of being in a fence with the older ones, is it normal for the older ones to pull feather's out of the pullets? No blood shed but still hate to see it but know that it's part of the pecking order, it's alot of work but dang wish they could all get along!! LOL

Wow! Time passes quickly! I haven’t had hens pull feather out of the young ones, but I did have a hen start chasing one around.
B1DFD7B5-35F2-4132-9CF9-D5889EE7689B.jpeg

How small are the coop and run? Any photos of the overall set up?

Wishing they'll get along doesn't work but introducing them slowly with plenty of space, obstacles to provide safe spots, and resources (food/water) certainly will.

Back
Top Bottom