10 weeks old pullet itching her fether??????

Omran

Crowing
Jul 26, 2008
Bagdad KY
I have a 10 weeks old pullet Buff Orp, and looks to me she is scratching her body alot, when I got her I put poultery poweder on her and on all my birds (against lice ETC) and I put the poweder on her again yesterday.
She is eating well and drinking,but we put her in a gage and placed her in the house with us away from her sisters,till we find out if everything is normal.
Any Advise will be appreciated.
Thanks
Omran.

Last edited:
Quote:
No there is no Bleading, her legs look perfect, she did not loos any feather, she looks clean and fine that's what makes me wondering!

Last edited:
Yes I agree with Nyis. Check her over carefully. It may just turn out that she has dry skin. Us ladies do get that problem. I have one hen that is always scratching at her beak. Not issues, just looks strange. At first I thought something was wrong, but no... she is just strange.

I agree with the other posts. Check her out really well.

I use FOOD GRADE DE, Diatomaceous Earth in the shavings, in their run, where they dust. No problems with flies, fleas, mites, lice or any other pests. I just add some DE periodically.

We had a daughter's dog as she couldn't keep it where she was staying. Well, recently the dog died at 15 yrs old, and shortly aferwards we had a flea infestation except around the chickens. I believe the DE protected them.

Does she have a dust bath to use if she wants? This seems to help the hens quite a bit. I'd look at her skin under the feathers and see if there's a problem. Is the skin red or scabby looking? Unless the scratching is really out of hand, I'd take a wait and see attitude.

Carla

Thank you all very much I really appreciated, I looked at her again today and she seems fine and yes she has a plce to get a dirt bath, thanks god she is not doing it as much as before I think she will be ok, and I will keep my eye on her.
Thanks again.

Omran.

Back
Top Bottom