10 Weeks Old . . .what to feed?

Autumn Acres

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
My chicks are 10 weeks old today! I've been feeding them Purina starter/grower since day one. Just bought some "scratch" from the feed store, but it's not truly scratch, but the guy at the store said it would do the job. . .

Sometimes I feed them bread, if I have any leftover. They also seem to like to pick through the slightly moldy hay that the horses won't touch.

I'm a newbie, so any suggestions? What's off limits? I am waiting anxiously to be done with this bag of grower and start them on layer in another 10 weeks or so!

Chickens LOVE vegies, fruit, mealworms, table scraps [ meat included]. They are true garbage disposal.
smile.png
Layena is a good feed for when they are 6-7 months old. Scratch [corn, millet, wheat] is a great treat and BOSS [aka: black oil sunflower seeds] is another tasty treat.

Do NOT let them have anything moldy!! That can cause sour crop and death. They need starter and that's it. Maybe some scrambled eggs, plain no-sugar yogurt, but please don't feed them tons of other stuff because you are lowering their protein levels they need for their fast growth at that age.

Back
Top Bottom