100% Hatch AND 100% Pullets??? UPDATE - NEW PIC!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrbstephens, May 23, 2010.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

Is this really possible? [​IMG]

I know it's still early, but none of them are showing any signs that scream boy to me. I think I've been really good at picking the boys out even this early on in the past. Here are the chicks I hatched from my flock.....all 4 of them hatched in my homemade incubator.....first hatch ever! They are 1 1/2 weeks old.

RIR cross with PR rooster
    [​IMG]

LB crossed with PR rooster
    [​IMG]

EE
    [​IMG]

EE
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    they are cute I am not sure about sex but great hatch wish I could hatch some babies

3. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Wouldn't get my hopes up yet... EEs are near impossible that young to sex unless blatantly obviously male which doesn't happen often that young. But I wish you luck anyway, that would be cool!

4. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I still think it is too early. [​IMG] ...at least for my sexing skills. [​IMG]

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    I see 2 pullets and a maybe on a third.... Good job on the hatch!!! What is the rooster PR? what is that?

6. crysmom

crysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    I have 25 easter eggers right now at 4 weeks old and its only this week that I"m sure of some boys there are a few that scream boy in my batch

I think you'll need to wait another week before you get your hopes up [​IMG]

7. mrbstephens

Quote:Partridge Rock.

8. mrbstephens

Quote:Is it the first two you think are pullets? I see they are both feathering in nicely and tail too. The other two are EEs, so I figure they are slower to feather in. None of them are acting aggressive in the least and none of them have big legs at this point either.

9. Achaeos

Achaeos New Egg

Jul 19, 2009
    Good job on the 100% hatch. But with only four you just can't expect to come real close to a 50/50 split and expecially because the 4 eggs are not only subject to a certain amount of chance naturally but also the chance that your hand would fall upon them for incubation. Hatch out all eggs for several months and you eliminate the chance involved with the human deciding to incubate a particular egg but you will also have a large enough sample to allow the laws of averages to come into effect.

10. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Not sure about 100% pullets, [​IMG] I would love to see the outcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by