100 Pictures of Our Flocks: A Community Picture Project

Here is my submission for # 27 Camoflage in Action
The first one #85 eating and drinking The girl caught in the act #11 Naughty bird
And a 2nd for #81 "a day in the life of birds"
# 85 "EATING & DRINKING" Girls happily eating from Nana's hands since she ham bits for them :)
#56 Searching for worms. They were waiting for the boys to dig up grubs with the trowel.
36. Most eggs in the nest box by the hens
LL
65. A visitor be honest Patunia there hates that cat and attacks him all the time
LL
65. A visitor Bill & Ted checkin out the cat 65. visitor 65. visitor 76. A reflection. Patunia saw her in the lence of the camera and ran up as i was taking the picture and started attacking my camera 85. Zelda and Azuri sisters eating together
#86 Digging deep.
83 fluffing it out
#46 Cutest Babies
a visitor and a birds view
Show of Happiness I cant really explain this picture. Other than my ducks are spoiled rotten.
This is a different idea of camouflage in action. There is still snow in Michigan and It is hard to see the three Sebastopol geese in this snowy setting.
All are accepted up to this post! :) I will add them later tonight!
Sorry, folks, something came up last night. I'm adding these now and will look through all the new pictures when I'm done. :) ETA: All added up to post #379!

Last edited:
Anyone skipped, please look at the first post and pick out themes for your pictures, then repost them! Thanks! :)
This is Sammy our Frizzle Roo striking 'A Proud Pose', #20. Taken yesterday.
Cuteness Definitely a little dinosaur! Naughty Chickens eating my dogs food and climbing on his bed. Wattle action What in the world? ZOMBIE Little Dinosaurs or New additions.
Here's my entries.....you're getting pics so fast it's hard to keep up with what is full or not. When I looked earlier these were still available: 28. Colorful Bird: 79. A flower portrait:
All of these are accepted! :D
Splash hen~ I just think she looks unlucky. It's the pose. She looks sad Mellie Fleur hen~ oops, sorry
No problem. :) She does kind of have that 'Charlie Brown' look going on. :lol: Accepted!
Your wrong Pipdzipdnreadytogo!!! The Broody mama wyandotte is named PurpleDotte, she is 1 of my 6 original dottes, they are just now 1 year old. The camoflauge pic is of "Cinder" she's Purpledotte's 1st daughter, I hatched Cinder from her eggs. Purpledotte just now hatched her own eggs, they're 3 wks old, Cinder's almost 13 wks. I can see how you might make that mistake though :) because Purpledotte (the momma) has 5 babies, 1 is actually her own GLW, the other is RIR/GLW, we let her hatch 2, I then put 2 day old babies underneath her (the maran, the silkie, & the olive egger). So yea the big dotte is the momma of both the little teensy baby & Cinder the teenager!
Okay, thanks for letting me know! :) I will go back and edit my post to say accepted. Wow, they have a strong family resemblance! Love their names. ;)
Broody Stare! A Close Up! A mixed Flock or To hot to Free range Community Dust bath,, BUt more like.. To cool for school! Or surfer dude! A proud pose Wings Out This one ( above ) is probably the best. Broody stare!
#20-- A proud pose Hope this one isn't filled up!
20: A Proud Pose:
900x900px-LL-f5bb12df_SirCharlesandhen.jpeg
82: A.....what in the world? (I think he's confused on which type of hen he needs to be displaying for!) 90. Wings Out: (Didn't know which one to pick!) 98. The stinkiest stink eye! 94. A really BIG egg! AND Odd Egg! (Both of these eggs came for Large Fowl Orpingtons.....go figure!)
A REALLY BIG egg!!!!! This is it compared to an average egg.
We're all full on broody glares, close-ups, community dustbaths, mixed flocks, wings out, stinky stink-eyes, and really BIG eggs. Also, as of post #384, we're all full on proud poses and as of post #389, we're all full on 'what in the world's.
a... what in the world !
Rejected; taken before March 1, 2013.

Last edited:
As of this post, we are ALL FULL for the following themes: 3. a wet bird 4. wattle action 5. a broody glare 6. fuzzy butts 8. new additions 11. naughty birds 14. a show-off 16. best friends 17. cuteness! 19. little dinosaurs 20. a proud pose 22. a close-up 23. spoiled birds 24. a house chicken 27. camouflage in action 28. colorful birds 30. birdy peek-a-boo! 32. roost buddies 39. a mixed flock 40. new life 44. a show of love 51. interesting interactions 56. searching for worms 61. a caption-worthy shot 62. sisters 68. the man of the flock 75. a classy portrait 79. a flower portrait 82. a ... what in the world? 83. fluffing it out 84. a community dustbath 85. eating and drinking 90. wings out 94. a really BIG egg 96. a handsome man 97. ZOMBIES 98. the stinkiest stink-eye 99. the cutest stink-eye 100. the 100th picture in the project! These are the themes that have not been checked yet: 9. flock bed-time 15. a hen-squat 34. an explosive molt 35. insanity! 38. the most birds in one picture 42. a cool summer snack 50. muddy feet 55. ruffled feathers 57. a special delivery 58. when it's too hot to free range 59. a beautiful egg 64. a family 66. puddle play 70. one old bird 77. windswept birds 80. birds at play 92. the egg song in action 93. a really fresh egg
Remember that all pictures must be taken on or after March 1, 2013. I don't expect some of these themes to be checked any time soon.​
We also need more entries to 37. the prettiest egg basket, 46. the cutest babies, 47. the cutest girlies, and 48. the cutest boys so that I can start up the voting for them. :) There are other themes that are still open for entries as well, so refer to the above for which themes are no longer open for submissions.
#1 - What (my) birds do in the rain. (stay dry) #74 - Lost feathers (bad roo - he found a new home)
Puddin Fluff, your pictures are accepted.:) Folks, since being featured on the front page, the activity of this thread has EXPLODED! To put it simply, I need help! I'm looking for one or two people that would be willing to accept or reject pictures, move them over to the 100 Pictures of Our Flocks page, and check off the checklist as they go. Please PM me if you are interested--DON'T POST HERE--and I will see what I think. I can't accept everyone, so don't be insulted if I turn you down!

My girls (golden comets) enjoying nibbling on what's left of the snow in the yard. Cold and refreshing, ahhhh.

Back
Top Bottom