100 Pictures of Our Flocks: A Community Picture Project

Oh, almost missed this one! Looks like we're all full on mixed flocks, too, but thanks for entering.
smile.png

Tomtommom, your boy's looking quite handsome already! Hope no one complains!
fl.gif
That's pretty dumb about the tomato plant 'weeds'. Don't people garden where you live?
roll.png

Fair is fair, they did look rather scraggly. I was miffed at the time, but in hingsight...
lol.png

I do own the ugliest house on the block, so it makes things look bad quickly. We're working on it!
yippiechickie.gif

So do I....
lol.png

I am hoping he keeps quiet. We aimed for all gals... So far he doesn't crow much, or very loudly. We have lots of noisy dogs in the area, much louder than my fellah. We just have a noise ordinance, so...
fl.gif

well do what i did i live in the city as well and i have 2 roosters.. i talked to my neighbors they said they dont mind as long as they dont hear them crowing befor 9am and past 9pm so what i do is i kennel mine up in crates at night small enough were they cant stand up and crow so in smaller ones just enough for them to basicly lay down in... then i let them out after 9-10am in the morning and then i'm good to go.. and to be honest after crating them up they dont crow as much.. i may hear them like 5-7 time crow a day thats it...

These are the themes that are STILL OPEN for entries:

10. birds in the trees

13. an unlucky bird

15. a hen-squat

21. a show of happiness

26. awkwardness

29. seasonal colors

33. rafter birds

34. an explosive molt

35. insanity!

36. the most eggs in one box by the hens

41. a warm winter snack

42. a cool summer snack

49. a shady spot to nap

57. a special delivery

58. when it's too hot to free range

59. a beautiful egg

60. an odd egg

66. puddle play

70. one old bird

73. evidence!

80. birds at play

92. the egg song in action

93. a really fresh egg

Remember that all pictures must be taken on or after
March 1, 2013.

Entries will no longer be accepted after May 2, 2013! Get your pictures in while you can! View all the current entries here if you need ideas for what kind of pictures are accepted for each theme. ;)

EDITED as of post 649.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom