:-)

When I lived in south florida someone had 5 adult birds in our neighborhood. They were so beautiful and they had a very loud cry. I didn't know what it was the first time I heard it. I would love to have some just don't know where I would house them at the moment.

Awwww! We were seriously planning on getting some peachicks, too, but our neighbors have to put up with enough from our roos and chickens wandering to their place, and I don't think they'd appreciate all that noise!!!
big_smile.png

The farmer guy we get our straw and hay from has a lovely peacock male. He says the female ran off, and he just wishes the other would to the same, it makes so much noise!
lau.gif

my husband checked on the peacocks this morning and one was pecking the other. so we had to seperate them! they seem to make alot more noise now that we did that. but the poor thing would not have done well or maybe not have survived~i hope these don't run off like the farmer guys female did. we paid $60 for the two!!

Quote:
what a good idea! thank you!
i did put a radio in the room with them! lol they were listening to oldies (70's & 80's) my husband changed it to country. maybe the R&R got the to excited!
th.gif
i will have to find another mirror i have one already. i will let you know how it goes.

I've raised about 20 peafowl. They are wonderful birds; beautiful to look at, easy to care for, a joy to have. Even though I built an elaborate "Pea Palace" for them, they preferred to roost on the roof of our house. This was in Upper Bucks County, PA. That area of the country surprisingly has many feral peafowl, which could lure yours away. That is one issue. If I did it again, I would raise them with chickens, which do not wander too far and go into the coop at night. You need that tether, as with guineas. Someone to come home to/with, so to speak. They are great guard birds (not as good as guineas or geese) and will watch over your property carefully. They are LOUD, if that is a problem. I LOVE the noise, but close neighbors, close meaning < mile) might not.

Now that I have chickens, next on the list are the guineas, then possibly a couple of peafowl.

Mac

Picture-1.jpg

here is a update on our peacocks!
they are two months old now. you can see the crown on them starting to grow in the last two weeks!
i put them back together again and they are doing better. i added two mirrors and took the radio out of there since they are back together. i also added vital to there water for vitamins and electrolytes.
if you ever buy peafowl talk to others who own them. we bought a book and looked online. what a waste of money for that darn book! people that have them are the best to talk to. i got more info from one article online than the book i bought
barnie.gif

i will keep you up to date on them, i may have one male and female. the one struts around and already fluffs up his feathers and holds them all up like a full grown peacock. the man that owns them locally and raises them said they sound like the blue peacocks. he raises them and the whites and invited us to see his!

Wendy, they are beautiful. Please post regular photos so we can watch them grow up. Barg, is keeping an on line posting of his chicks so we are watching them grow and go through their trials and tribulations. This is much better than reading a book about them.

Back
Top Bottom