108 Today!!!

The old folks used to say that AC would be the ruin of the south. They were right. Now people who never have 100+ degree weather are moving to the south because of AC. I'm not to mad thought, DH is an HVAC Tech!!!

The old folks haven't been through this kind of heat for this long. We've had 8 deaths related to the heat, most in Memphis.

Who was it that mentioned the grass? The only place I have grass now is in the chicken yard from going out and spraying the birds and running the water through 200 feet of hose to cool it enough to fill waterers.

There is one blessing with this heat, the Guineas are ignoring the motorhome. I think they're just to blamed hot to fly up to give it all kind of heck the only way a Guinea can.

Did I tell you I actually put my hose on the finest mist possible and sprayed in the coop? Crossing fingers that when the fans caught the water it would so some evaporative cooling. Am I deluding myself?

I did the same thing myself for Suede because those girls in his pen are so heavily feathered, but I can't do much since there are shavings and straw in there and I don't want them to get very damp. I've misted them while on the roost so they wouldn't run away, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom