11 4H Cornish Game Chicks Free Kansas City MO Area - 1 Week Old today

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wjmccoy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. wjmccoy

wjmccoy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2008
    These had a home when we started the egg hatching project, but the family just had a baby and is a little overwhelmed. And in the mean time I've ordered new chicks that are coming Thursday, so they need a new home fast! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  2. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    What color?

3. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    "Cornish game" is sometimes another name for cornish X meat chickens, if that's the case, they are white, if not, well I tried [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  4. stilwellchick

stilwellchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2007
    Stilwell, KS
    I live near KC but can't take them for you. I have an idea to help. Call Goode Feed Store in Stilwell KS at 199th and Metcalf. Ask Donald Goode for the number for Chicken Bob in Cleveland, MO. He helps find homes for chickens.

5. wjmccoy

Mar 1, 2008
    These are all yellow chicks and were large to small egg size (not bantam) before hatching. Thanks for the contact in Cleveland, we're actually going there tomorrow. If anyone is interested, please let me know, they haven't been rehomed yet!

Jenny

6. wjmccoy

Mar 1, 2008
    Actually they look exactly like the White Laced Red. I had noticed that they have a slight orangish red area on the back of their necks, but are all yellow in color otherwise. Thanks for the link.

Jenny

7. wjmccoy

Mar 1, 2008
    I received an email from the hatchery (it was in the bulk folder, sorry for so many posts), he says they are Cornish Cross.

Jenny

8. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    If you lived closer I would take them all. I'm in CT though.
    [​IMG] Would you ship them if postage was paid upfront?
    Jenn

9. wjmccoy

Mar 1, 2008
    Are they shippable once they are this old? I thought the reason they could ship newly hatched was because they lived off the yold for the first 4 days if necessary. If there is a way to ship them, I'm game!

Jenny

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    They have to be shipped express mail, which is expensive, and in a USPS approved box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by