11 week old Ameraucana

Roo or Pullet

• Rooster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pullet

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don’t need to spell it right because I’m not good at spelling I understand they are not true breeds my phone auto spells stuff too lol. They are breeding americaunas with araucanas to make americanas which are hatchery mix birds I get it. I think it’s pretty cool because they are putting more araucana into the americauna you know. I actually got a rumpless hatchery mixed breed because it’s being bread back with rumpless birds. I wonder why it’s such a touchy subject if I say I have an Ameraucana everyone attacks me saying that’s not a breed so what should I call them I have a yellow striped bird that has a problem with it leg
Oh what breed is it?
Oh it’s yellow striped breed
Sorry I can’t spell good I’m kind of slow and I promise not to refer to chickens as breeds unless I have documented paperwork on them I’m really sorry.

She looks like my little easter egger! She's a good layer of beautiful green eggs.

37070668_1984400131570808_4451237151329222656_n.jpg

I got the rumpless rooster and rumpless hen and the 2 hens with taller comb and a legbar from a breeder and the 2 pretty ones from tractor supply I get blue eggs from all the except the tractor supply ones ain’t laying yet I think they were sold to me because they aren’t perfect but I thought it was ok to refer to them as what they basically are except they won’t ever win a show so

Remember that not all, in fact most of, Easter eggers, are not a cross of ameraucana and araucana or similar.
EE's actually came before both of those breeds were created. They were random-bred as a landrace of sorts, much like the Swedish Flower hen. The blue egg breeds were then created from them.
Most hatcheries use the original EE stock and will sometimes add other breeds in but it's usually just 'pure' EE. :)

your leaving people with no way to explain there birds if they cant call it a breed newbies get very discouraged over stuff like this and aren’t coming to BYC to get paperwork and stuff on there chickans darn it I spelt chicken wrong

Last edited:
I have brabanters
Jungle fowl
EE
Wyandotte’s
Cuckoo Marian’s
Barred rock
Dominique’s
Ayam Cemani
Araucana
Americana
Americaunas
Cream legbar
Red sex links
Black copper marans
Australorps
Polish
None are perfect or would be show quality so that means none of my birds should be referred to as a breed so how would I then ask a question about my birds just say there all mutts that’s unreal back yard flocks usually consist of mix breeds
Gotta change the name to PURE BREED CHICKENS
instead of BYC

your leaving people with no way to explain there birds if they cant call it a breed newbies get very discouraged over stuff like this and aren’t coming to BYC to get paperwork and stuff on there chickans darn it I spelt chicken wrong
I don't think anyone is intentionally bashing you or anyone else. And I am definitely not trying to be rude. Ameraucana is difficult to spell, esp. with spellcheck in the way.

There is a difference between show quality purebreds, purebreds, landraces and mixes. If its parents are brabanters, it's a brabanter. It may not be show worthy but that doesn't make it a mix.
EE's are different because they are a variety, a landrace. They aren't bred to a standard is all. And obviously there isn't anything wrong with EE either. And there is nothing wrong with mixed breeds! I love the variety of colors! :love

Last edited:
To be honest none of this bothers me at all I just saw someone save a bunch of sexlinks one time from cruelty and she was discouraged and gave up cuz she was told sex links were mutts and carry diseases. I’m done with my rant I hope someone out there understand
You forgot to bring all the americauna blue eggs this morning for that old couple honey I got them washed up for you

Back
Top Bottom