• Rooster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pullet

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Americanas are americaunas bread back with the araucana
And have completely different color patterns. I have a few of all 3 breeds
I even ended up with a rumpless Americana from tractor supply which I’ve never even seen before but it’s a beautiful bird.My Easter eggers are Orpington/americauna and I have 1 that’s black copper Maran/americauna
My Easter Eggers lay olive and pink eggs
Those would be Easter Eggers.
Again, spelling counts.

A true Ameraucana has a tail, muffs AND beards and does not come in wierd colors.

You can't get a true Ameraucana from breeding into Araucanas (which is a totally different breed that is often mislabelled)

If you go to an Ameraucana breed club and look at what they have it should be obvious that true Ameraucanas are not the chicks sold at feed stores.

I read all this info on the Murrays website. All my americanas have beards and muffs and my Easter eggers some do and don’t
But yes americauna and Americana are different breeds or different mix breeds.americana is not really mislabeled it’s bread back to araucana to hopefully get more blue egg layers and different color patterns.

Pullets combs are darker red than cockerels in my experience
Could you post an example? I haven't seen that before.
Lol no I think I wrote it wrong maybe
Hatcheries are breeding araucana with americauna to get Americanas
I read all this info on the Murrays website. All my americanas have beards and muffs and my Easter eggers some do and don’t
But yes americauna and Americana are different breeds or different mix breeds.americana is not really mislabeled it’s bread back to araucana to hopefully get more blue egg layers and different color patterns.
'Americanas' and 'americaunas' aren't breeds. They are just different words hatcheries use to describe easter eggers. Hatcheries breed easter eggers by doing EE x EE breedings and probably occasionally throwing in different breeds to increase egg laying, like leghorns and welsummers, which would explain why more and more EEs have no beard and lay white or brown eggs.
If you're sure you have purebred ameraucanas, do they have slate legs, lay blue eggs, and are a recognized color variety?

Could you post an example? I haven't seen that before.

'Americanas' and 'americaunas' aren't breeds. They are just different words hatcheries use to describe easter eggers. Hatcheries breed easter eggers by doing EE x EE breedings and probably occasionally throwing in different breeds to increase egg laying, like leghorns and welsummers, which would explain why more and more EEs have no beard and lay white or brown eggs.
If you're sure you have purebred ameraucanas, do they have slate legs, lay blue eggs, and are a recognized color variety?
This is exactly what I was telling him.
I gave up.

You speak better than me.

Back
Top Bottom