11 Week Polish Chicks

Jessica52305

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2021
I got these two polish chicks 11 weeks ago as 2 day old chicks. I always thought the white crested chick was female due to the round crest shape and believed that the golden lace polish chick was male because he had a flat/square crest.

Well a few days ago, I found my white crested polish crowing! He crows daily now. I mostly have bantams, so this chicken has always been the “head hen” and more aggressive than any other chick (all about same age).

My mille fleur d’uccle started crowing last week and now my polish. I’m wondering if the polish chicken could just be copying the d’uccle?

Do you think both of these 11 week old polish chicks are roosters? I don’t have a better picture of the white crested polish chicks tail feathers but they usually stick straight up.

Attachments

• 10567B96-D459-446F-8C5C-4813D42A9B2F.jpeg
    10567B96-D459-446F-8C5C-4813D42A9B2F.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 348
  • E88A1903-9AA5-432C-A873-2FF5D2A992F0.jpeg
    E88A1903-9AA5-432C-A873-2FF5D2A992F0.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 318
Im pretty positive the Golden Lace is a Pullet.
The crest has a shaped...Round is a Shape.
The sickle feathers are rounded at the ends.
The White Crested Black so far looks like a Cockerel. I need a good picture of the sickle feathers to confirm. But, right now based on the picture, he is a Cockerel.

Last edited:
Im pretty positive the Golden Lace is a Pullet.
The crest has a shaped...Round is a Shape.
The sickle feathers are rounded at the ends.
The White Crested Black so far looks like a Cockerel. I need a good picture of the sickle feathers to confirm. But, right now based on the picture, he is a Cockerel.
Thank you, the white crested black is definitely a cockerel! He has a beautiful tail now and crows often. The golden lace appears to be a pullet so hopefully no more surprises!

I got these two polish chicks 11 weeks ago as 2 day old chicks. I always thought the white crested chick was female due to the round crest shape and believed that the golden lace polish chick was male because he had a flat/square crest.

Well a few days ago, I found my white crested polish crowing! He crows daily now. I mostly have bantams, so this chicken has always been the “head hen” and more aggressive than any other chick (all about same age).

My mille fleur d’uccle started crowing last week and now my polish. I’m wondering if the polish chicken could just be copying the d’uccle?

Do you think both of these 11 week old polish chicks are roosters? I don’t have a better picture of the white crested polish chicks tail feathers but they usually stick straight up.
I’m thinking both are cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom