11 wk Golden Sebright

zimileih

Songster
Mar 28, 2021
Is this a hen or rooster? 11 weeks old.

20220601_075710.jpg
20220601_075634.jpg
20220601_075648.jpg

I think it’s probably a male. Sebrights are all hen-feathered, so you have to go by the comb. There is a bit of pink in that comb, and the pullets I’ve seen don’t get any color at all until right before they start laying. However, I’ve seen bright red combs on young cockerels, and it’s not there yet....

I think it’s probably a male. Sebrights are all hen-feathered, so you have to go by the comb. There is a bit of pink in that comb, and the pullets I’ve seen don’t get any color at all until right before they start laying. However, I’ve seen bright red combs on young cockerels, and it’s not there yet....
Thank you, I was originally thinking hen because I had another in the same batch that was red at like 4 weeks and comb started getting large around 8 wks. This one possibly makes a weird crowing sound on occasion though

Thank you, I was originally thinking hen because I had another in the same batch that was red at like 4 weeks and comb started getting large around 8 wks. This one possibly makes a weird crowing sound on occasion though
Well, Sebrights are very vocal. My little hen, (and my only bantam) is my loudest chicken. So it may not be crowing.....Time will tell, keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom