11 wk old pullets - are they Easter Eggers or...?

Looks like my Stormy! She is supposed to be an Olive Egger
Stormy is so pretty! I love her shade of grey!
Hoovers is going to be solely responsible for bringing back 80s hair! 2 of mine are officially proudly sporting their baby Mohawks so I guess I’m in the cool girls club! :ya Loving these crazy hairdos!! & hey that egg has an olive-ish cast on my screen..how bout in person? Love the speckles totally goes with the punk rock hair!
Right? Those little baby Mohawks are so cute! Yours are so precious! I love the big hair!
And yeah, the egg does have a slight olive tone to it in person. I was having a hard time deciding whether it was brown or olive but I think it's leaning more into brown territory.

Right? Those little baby Mohawks are so cute! Yours are so precious! I love the big hair!
And yeah, the egg does have a slight olive tone to it in person. I was having a hard time deciding whether it was brown or olive but I think it's leaning more into brown territory.
You’ll know for sure when you crack it. If its Olive the blue shell will be much more apparent from the inside.

What color eggs did you get from the other 5? I have two OE's that look so much like two of yours!

@AZcluckers Thanks for asking! I've been meaning to post an update. Four of the other girls are laying olive eggs (Zelda's look blue when dry and olive when wet - first picture is two of hers one dry and one wet from condensation). Moose was laying these golden brown eggs for a few weeks and suddenly she's laying olive now.

Last picture from left to right is Cleo's, Zelda's, and Kiki's.

Attachments

• IMG_20221026_130752291_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221026_130752291_HDR.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20221026_130315997.jpg
    IMG_20221026_130315997.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20221110_101409783.jpg
    IMG_20221110_101409783.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 7
@AZcluckers Thanks for asking! I've been meaning to post an update. Four of the other girls are laying olive eggs (Zelda's look blue when dry and olive when wet - first picture is two of hers one dry and one wet from condensation). Moose was laying these golden brown eggs for a few weeks and suddenly she's laying olive now.

Beautiful eggs! That grey one though! 😍 Moose and Cleo are the two that look like my two! Thank you for the update.

Beautiful eggs ! Blue / slate grey is just gorgeous !!

Here is a collection of egg color pictures with names! I noticed the shade of the eggs tend to slightly vary, Kiki's sometimes look a bit more like Zelda's at times, and sometimes it's hard to tell Tilly and Cleo's apart. But Cleo and Zelda lay smaller eggs so I think I have this figured out!

Or so I did until someone threw me a pink egg today. :eek:

(Note: in my second picture, the Kiki egg looks a lot like Zelda's but Zelda had laid the prior day - everyone was on an every other day pattern so it very likely wasn't Zelda's. But I could be wrong! In person it looked grey with blue splotches at the top - the picture didn't quite capture it well. Plus Zelda's eggs turn more olive when wet but this egg didn't. I feel like an egg detective.)

Eggs 1.jpg Eggs 2.png Eggs 3.jpg Strange Pink Egg.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a collection of egg color pictures with names! I noticed the shade of the eggs tend to slightly vary, Kiki's sometimes look a bit more like Zelda's at times, and sometimes it's hard to tell Tilly and Cleo's apart. But Cleo and Zelda lay smaller eggs so I think I have this figured out!

Or so I did until someone threw me a pink egg today. :eek:

(Note: in my second picture, the Kiki egg looks a lot like Zelda's but Zelda had laid the prior day - everyone was on an every other day pattern so it very likely wasn't Zelda's. But I could be wrong! In person it looked grey with blue splotches at the top - the picture didn't quite capture it well. Plus Zelda's eggs turn more olive when wet but this egg didn't. I feel like an egg detective.)

View attachment 3368872View attachment 3368873View attachment 3368874View attachment 3368883
Beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom