-11? You've got to be kidding me/ Bluey's Near Death Experience...

bluey

thootp veteran
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Washington, PA
I wake up at 3am with heartburn that feels like lava spewing out of Mt. Doom.

A side note: generic protonix does not work. Just got switched over this month after not having heartburn for 2 years with the brand protonix.

anyhoo, of course I have no heartburn meds...

I walk out the door to hit the 24 hr Walgreens and I'm like ohmigod, it's cold out here. The car thermometer insists -11. I think, no that's not possible until I pass a bank and the marquee says -11. I get home and check the outside thermometer, -11.

-11? I wish I had -11 in my esophagus and stomach...

Well, after a zantac, 2 EX tums and a couple swigs of Pepto, i think I'm going to live long enough to free to death...

We got the woodburner and the furnace going tonight almost nonstop.

I never thought I'd be so happy to see the 20's...

Last edited:
yea its cold down here in ky too! (not that cold)but i work night shift so i never really get to see the warm side of the day or the sun for that matter

lol that's funny because i woke up at 303am with bad heartburn
so after taking my meds for it i turn on the news and they said it's 10 out ( with out wind chill ) and it feels like 1

i am so lucky where i live heat is free because i have it on and it's nice a warm in here

I was up before you all with heartburn (gotta love being prego)

And it was -20 here, ewwwww !!!! COLD STINKS !!!! its so funny when we open the front door, all the steam from the outiside air hitting the inside air comes in.

The old man downstairs from me got locked in his house tonight
lol.png
First I hear a bunch of banging and 5 min later I hear him yelling, The door froze shut and he couldnt open it, LOL !!!

as far as heartburn stuff goes the guy down stairs is on prevacid (sp?) and says it works AWEOSME !!! Ever tryed it ???

I like the over the counter Pepsid wafers. They have both
an antacid for immediate relief and an ingredient for long term
relief.

And yeah, it's cold out.

I dont get heartburn, I guess it has something to do with "having no heart"
gig.gif

Was -6 this am, its warmed up to +6 better start breaking out the shorts its almost summertime.
th.gif

I bled out in '04 when an ulcer on a blood vessel in my stomach ruptured and it is by the grace of god I'm still here today to tell the tale.

I passed out and probably should have died (I lived alone at the time) but I woke up later for long enough to call the paramedics.

Turned out they had to put 4 pints of blood in me after cauterizing the ulcer and I was still low!

Since then, I've been on Protonix and haven't had a case of heartburn since then. Until they switched me over to generic protonix this month.

I've tried every medicine but none eliminated heartburn completely except the protonix.

Today, I got switched back to brand and
fl.gif
hopefully, no more heartburn!

I worked as a biochemist for 16 years and know that sometimes the generics don't measure up. I'm putting generic protonix on that list.

Thank god for brand protonix, that's all I have to say...I had forgotten how bad it was all those years ago...

Sorry about the hb bluey, glad you're around to tell us about it.

It dropped to -20 here last night and -18 the night before... I can't wait to see + digits again, that's for sure. I don't care if it's 10. LOL

Thanks Shellie. As far as I'm concerned every day is a gift for me.

Yeah, when I think back about it, it's pretty surreal.

On brighter topics, it was up in the 20 range today and I was ready to do a dance....

...like this
bun.gif

I think my chickens have had enough of the cold weather. They free range and have not been more than 20 yards from the coops for the past 2 days.

I think I'm picking up the following messages from them...

he.gif
barnie.gif
duc.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
tongue.gif
and
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom