**113 Ways To Cook An Egg**

Zuesdude

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
OH
I understand that a chefs hat, has 113 folds on the top of his hat for the 113 ways to cook an EGG.

DO YOU KNOW ANY OF THE 113 WAYS TO COOK AN EGG?

Please No Duplications >> Igoteggstoeat<<

Quote:
Yes... We all know the easy ways to cook an egg but lets have fun with this.

What are the 113 ways of cooking a loveable eatable EGG.

Show us all your recipes for the western omelet. spanish omelet.. chilie omelets..and the really good ones like...etc.

You know that recipe Grand Mother cooked for you when you were young.

Julia Child's book covers about 50 methods! http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Art-French-Cooking-One/dp/0375413405
juliaeggs20805_jez.flv.jpg

Cooked this one last nite. Delicious! And definitely comfort food!

Apple Pannekuchen:

4 eggs
3/4 c flour
3/4 c milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c butter
2 apples thinly sliced

Heat oven to 400. Melt butter in pan in oven. Rotate pan till butter coats sides.

Arrange thinly sliced apples in pan. Beat eggs, flour, milk and salt on medium speed for 1”. Pour batter on top. Mix ¼ cup sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter and Bake @400 for 15” and then 325 for 30” uncovered till puffed and golden.

I've got a pannekuchen pan for this but think it could be made in a wok or some rounded bottom pan. Also I've used 5 eggs 1 c flour and 1 c milk with success for a bigger batch.

Enjoy!
big_smile.png

Barbecued! Raw on the half shell, pickled, stewed, steamed. That's 10 for me.
celebrate.gif

I get the point,
ya.gif
but if you only have one egg, it limits the things you can do with it in a recipe. I just don't think I am going to get very many tucks in my hat.
hide.gif

Last edited:
Here's my hubby's favorite way for me to use up a half dozen eggs...
Warning: For chocoholics only!!!

Seriously, way to chocolatey for me but my husband swears it's pure Nirvana.

Flourless Chocolate Cake
Serves 8

Ingredients:

10 ounces good quality semisweet chocolate, chopped (or use chips)
2 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or use chips)
1 1/2 cups extra fine granulated sugar (or use regular but blend longer)
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (optional)
3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
6 large eggs, at room temperature
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 Tsp almond extract (or use 1 tbsp amaretto)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a nine-inch springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with a round of parchment paper and butter the paper.

Place both chocolates and the sugar in large glass bowl. Melt at 50% power in microwave, not more than 1 minute at a time, stirring after each minute. Add the butter after first minute, stir. Continue until just melted (don't overheat) and stir until blended.

Mix eggs and vanilla with whip attachment until the mixture is foamy and butter yellow (deeper yellow for us BYC folks), about 1 minute. Slowly add 1/3 egg mix to chocolate while whisking (don't want eggs to cook). Fold in remaining 2/3 egg mix, 1/3 at a time with spatula until mostly blended. Scrape the chocolate batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.

Put baking dish with water on bottom rack (just don't get water in cake, water and chocolate don't mix!). Move upper rack to middle of oven. Place cake pan (with batter) on a baking sheet and bake for 55-60 minutes, until the edges of the cake are puffy and the center is just set (or till instant read thermometer reads 140 degrees F). Cool the cake in the pan set on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours. Run a butter knife around edges before removing from springform pan. I use parchment paper on a plate which I place over top of cake and turn upside down to remove bottom of pan and paper. Invert again using serving plate this time. Keep tightly sealed in fridge up to 4 days before serving.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar when ready to serve and serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or Crème fraîche.
droolin.gif

My favorite way, however, is to make a simple parmesan cheese sauce and pour it over scrambled eggs. Starting with a roux, add milk a little at a time until you get a thin gravy, add (real not canned) grated, parmesan cheese, stir. Pour a few tsps over cooked eggs sprinkle with more parmesan, pepper, salt and any other seasonings you like and EAT! Delicious!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom