11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the first image. I ask because it still looks good to me.

Oh the first image is great! I was just sharing to show newbies that were concerned about the size of their aircells just how much they change in those last few days.
I was concerned about the second one. Looks like a mid sized quitter but I left it in hopes that it proves me wrong.

Oh the first image is great! I was just sharing to show newbies that were concerned about the size of their aircells just how much they change in those last few days.
I was concerned about the second one. Looks like a mid sized quitter but I left it in hopes that it proves me wrong.
I had 2 that I suspected had quit, but when I candled for lockdown they both had movement. I hope they continue on and hatch!

All of my air cells are small this time. I’m giving them till tomorrow to raise the humidity.

Such fear
A snowstorm hit today, it'll continue all through tomorrow too. It really caught me off-guard, I was not expecting snow so late in the season. The weather had been so nice before now too.

So far the power has flickered a bit, and that made the temperature in my incubator drop some. I piled blankets on top, leaving the vent clear and plugged it into a battery pack. So hopefully these last two days will go well and I'll see some little ones hatch.
Tempterature is back to normal and the humidity is a little high ~75%, but it's not bad, still within the recommended rate in my machine's manual.

I am also worried about my broody hen and my shipment of chicks.
The broody hen is still with her clutch of eggs, thankfully despite the snow it's not too cold out and I'd insulated the nesting box beforehand. She's also a very winter hardy bird, but I still worry it's not quite enough.
For the shipment, the last I heard was they departed the origin facility at 1AM. Finger crossed they arrive safe and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom