11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guineas are too young to lay, they're barely over 3 months. I have 9 Runner ducks that are just turned 5 months that haven't started laying yet and an 18 month one that hasn't laid since 8/6/20. My chicken hens are only ones laying and I've got 9 juveniles expected to start laying by spring. It will depend on if any of my hens go broody. No broody hen, no hatching eggs. I don't use an incubator.

Very excited for this hatch-a-long! I wont be late for this one, mark my words! Haha.
I'll be setting my mixed breed eggs, possibly some pure dominique and some Cornish eggs (long story, its more of an experiment, I know they don't breed true, the goal is to keep the healthiest of the second generation to use as breeding stock to mix and make dual purpose in later generations, possibly with a high production layer breed), depending on when the young ones start laying!
If I'm lucky and the quail breeder around here ever replies to me, I may well have some quail eggs to incubate, too!

I found this egg on the side of the road next to my neighbors house and decided to incubate it. It is growing but I’m not sure what it is... any guesses? About the size of a turkey egg but more rounded.
Ps- I live in the pnw.

Attachments

• 11E5A353-052C-4361-B501-3465597D4D30.png
    11E5A353-052C-4361-B501-3465597D4D30.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom