11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
So...three broken eggs. One was smashed quite badly. Got the others wet and sticky. Tapped those dry, placed them in another carton. The two that were just cracked..bad..I was able to check for fertility. Fertile! So crossing fingers for those that go in.

I am going to try my hardest to run to the store. I do have one thermometer that I hope works accurate. We are on lockdown because of the virus so I am trying my best to the best I can
I'm trusting my air circulated one I just bought. Says it is set at 99.5. Now, the other I had did a great job set there. Hope this one works as well.

I am going to try my hardest to run to the store. I do have one thermometer that I hope works accurate. We are on lockdown because of the virus so I am trying my best to the best I can
My whole point is you can't trust the reading on your bator.
Having at least one separate thermometer to calibrate is a must, imo.
Google how to calibrate a thermometer so you can compare it to the reading on your bator.

My whole point is you can't trust the reading on your bator.
Having at least one separate thermometer to calibrate is a must, imo.
Google how to calibrate a thermometer so you can compare it to the reading on your bator.
Will do!
I just put the one I have at the bottom of the bator, Thank you so much I apologize again 🙂

Will do!
I just put the one I have at the bottom of the bator, Thank you so much I apologize again 🙂
You are going to be hand turning right?
This means that you are going to be opening your incubator a lot.
Do not adjust the temperature control for at least an hour after you have turned the eggs/close the incubator.

I’m not hatching but I just bought four chicks from tractor supple to add to my flock :love
B0088ED7-0B51-4847-9E9C-0F52A882E69B.jpeg

I set 9 backyard mutts!! I have one of those Janoel 12 types. Just when it gets the perfect temp and humidity, all of a sudden the digital read thermometer starts changing. The incubator is currently reading 39.5 C but the digital read out states 97 F. I have moved the digital probe to different spots in the incubator (it's not that big) and get different readings. If anyone has suggestions I would love to just "set it and forget it". I have no idea what I'm doing here. I'm concerned to fiddle with it anymore. :idunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom