11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week before they hatch is NOT a good idea for my incubator to eat poop. If money were not an issue which incubator would you recommend. I know there’s a ton and people have different experience with each one, both good and bad. I’m just needing a starting point because I will be ordering one today. Preferably not a still air one.

I’m looking at my built in thermometer and it’s going crazy. In 10 secs it has read 10 different temperatures all while having the heater on constantly. So I think that’s how it managed to get to 108 earlier.

A week before they hatch is NOT a good idea for my incubator to eat poop. If money were not an issue which incubator would you recommend. I know there’s a ton and people have different experience with each one, both good and bad. I’m just needing a starting point because I will be ordering one today. Preferably not a still air one.

I’m looking at my built in thermometer and it’s going crazy. In 10 secs it has read 10 different temperatures all while having the heater on constantly. So I think that’s how it managed to get to 108 earlier.
You may want to make a post just for this. You might get better information

Nurture Right 360! It's no secret if you've seen me talking to others about incubators. It's my favorite incubator hands down and I have used more expensive incubators.

IncuView and Brinsea would be next in line. The only reason I decided to sell my Brinsea is because I got the tiny one and someone local was in desperate need of an incubator, otherwise I would have kept it. Brinsea is quite expensive though. IncuView requires a few extra thermometers to get the temperature on point and runs very dry (being dry is easy to fix obviously, just something to keep in mind).

Hovabator would be my suggestion if you want one that holds a larger number of eggs. Then Farm Innovators though they seem to be hit or miss. I've also used Little Giant, and a Chinabator. Little Giant is also hit or miss, I actually think if you can find a used model with the hand dial they seem to be more reliable than the newer digital units. I don't recommend the chinabators unless it's all you can afford, in which case I have heard that the black top units are better than the yellow top units. (I used a yellow top and did not like it).

So my incubator was accidentally unplugged for a few minutes. I kind of freaked out even though I know it wasn't for long since I was just in the room with them. My brother (11yrold) accidentally unplugged it when getting something else off the counter, I wonder how loose the power cords were that he could just do that and not notice.
Temperature is back to normal now, and since it wasn't long everything should still be okay. I was planning to do my last candling tonight too. The humidity Is really high right now though, 65% instead of the usual 50%. Since I've still got a week left until hatch day I hope it drops back to where it's meant to be.

Nurture Right 360! It's no secret if you've seen me talking to others about incubators. It's my favorite incubator hands down and I have used more expensive incubators.

IncuView and Brinsea would be next in line. The only reason I decided to sell my Brinsea is because I got the tiny one and someone local was in desperate need of an incubator, otherwise I would have kept it. Brinsea is quite expensive though. IncuView requires a few extra thermometers to get the temperature on point and runs very dry (being dry is easy to fix obviously, just something to keep in mind).

Hovabator would be my suggestion if you want one that holds a larger number of eggs. Then Farm Innovators though they seem to be hit or miss. I've also used Little Giant, and a Chinabator. Little Giant is also hit or miss, I actually think if you can find a used model with the hand dial they seem to be more reliable than the newer digital units. I don't recommend the chinabators unless it's all you can afford, in which case I have heard that the black top units are better than the yellow top units. (I used a yellow top and did not like it).

Thank you! I have bookmarked your reply so I can refer people to it since I see this question a lot. I am debating on buying both Brinsea and Nurture Right 360. Did you get yours through Amazon? Gotta check with my husband if we can get both, but right now he is very convinced at the importance of incubators right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom