11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late to join in? I saw this thread as I was searching for info on my FIRST ever hatching! I just happened to set my eggs on March 21st so hatch day is April 11th! I’ve never done this so it’s all an experiment. I got 16 eggs shipped (unknown breeds), and after a spectacular fail with a homemade incubator, I bought an inexpensive one. I currently have 5 eggs still active and developing and went on lockdown tonight. This is all so exciting!
Not too late! Join right in, and join the April hatch-a-long too! Your eggies look great, and what diligent notes! I love the little diagrams. Wonderful idea. 💡 Send a pm to @casportpony with number of eggs originally set and she'll add you to the list.

Who in their right mind made me put so many eggs in the incubator... they just keep coming!!! It won't stop!!!!!!!! Over half have hatched so far... little terds won't even wait until the beginning of day 21.. which is in a few hours. Lol.
Right mind vs Left mind
Left brain = math (in this case, chicken math, not to be confused with traditional logic, lol)
Screenshot_20200409-105006.jpg

My girls must have heard me talking about setting their eggs the other day. I planned on putting all the ones I gathered yesterday into the incubator today.....and every single one of them laid yesterday! Lol! We will see how well the rooster is doing here in 4-7 days.

Attachments

• 20200409_090532.jpg
    20200409_090532.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 3
I hatch guinea eggs all the time. The tricky bit is that they vary when they hatch 26-28 days. Another tricky bit for me is that it seems I have 6 females and 1 male, They usually do best in pairs or trios. So I'm getting a lot of unfertilized eggs.

Have you hatched shipped guinea eggs or do you hatch your backyard ones? I’m wanting to get some shipped to me since my husband doesn’t care to make the drive (he dislikes their calls) but he said he doesn’t mind if I order some and get them shipped.

Another benefit of raising Guineas is that they eat ticks.

But, yeah, the noise is a big deal breaker for me. Had the pleasure of loose peacocks once and after the experience of the dawn screams on the roof that sounded like some woman was being murdered, I'll take a rooster's morning crow any day.
My mom used to have her dogs drag in 3-6 ticks to her bed a week. Since we've had guineas, she only seen that many. its been over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom