12-13 week old Ameracauna? Rooster?

Did you buy them represented as pullets or just as chicks that turned out to be cockerels? You can rehome them here on BYC in our classifieds. Just place an ad for them with photographs, though you may have to participate a bit more before you're allowed to place an ad here.

Perhaps you should post their pictures in the Breeds and Genetics area and ask for opinions as to their quality so you know what to say about them when you do place an ad. I kept blue/black/splash Ameraucanas so am not qualified to say that much about the wheaten/blue wheaten variety, as far as quality. I do know something about the leg color seems not quite right, but could be the photos.

Last edited:
All that bright beautiful red patches on their wings will drive the ladies crazy, and IDs them as roos.

I agree that BYC is a good place to post them for re-homing.

However, a word of caution: if their legs are the same color as in the photos, instead of a slate grey, then post them as EEs. True Ameraucanas have slate legs, no exceptions. You don't want someone to buy them, post them on the Ameraucana forum, and then turn around and get mad at you when they're told that they own EEs.

I know that my blue wheaten cockerel, Levi, started out with almost white legs, then they darkened up as he matured, but those seem yellowish/greenish in the pictures. That's what is really throwing me. Ameraucanas are supposed to have slate legs as a breed trait, certainly not yellow, because they have white skin.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom