12+ Assorted Purbred Cochin Bantam Hatching Eggs

luckypickens

Songster
9 Years
Aug 20, 2010
Danville, AR
UNDER NEW RULES THIS IS A BUY IT NOW AUCTION. SO PLEASE HIT THE BUY IT NOW AND PM ME THE DATE YOU WANT. THANK YOU for looking.... Roslyn

For your consideration I have 12 plus a few extras in case of breakage of assorted purebred Cochin Bantam eggs from our colorful pens listed below. All depends on who is laying the day I gather on what eggs you get, but all are laying pretty good right now, but you know cochins they can go broody at the drop of a hat LOL. Cochin Bantams are the most sweetest docile birds and I have SEVERAL that are just total pets LOL. They are my all time favorite bantam! They are great layers, but prefer being broody or taking care of chicks. We use them and Sizzles to hatch all of our Peafowl and Turkey eggs. Great as pets or 4-H poultry projects as well! They love getting all the attention! Shipping for a doz is $13.00. I can get 2 doz in a box for $14.00 shipping. We take Paypal and USPS money orders and ship eggs on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. We are always happy to work with you on a shipping date you prefer and any special orders you might want. We love our little colorful Cochins and know you will also

At Lucky Pickens Farm we’ve been raising poultry for over 50 years and strive to raise high quality birds for show or just for pets. All birds on our farm are blood tested Pullorum/Typhoid clean. We see that our birds are kept happy and healthy by giving them the very best feed and TLC daily! We strive to breed to the Standard of Perfection on each breed we raise and all are purebred and kept in individual breeding pens away from predators. We feed a high quality, high protein all natural game bird breeder pellet with vitamins and minerals in the water daily to insure high fertility. We also feed a little scratch grains, Calf Manna and veggie treats from the garden daily. We LOVE spoiling our birds and it shows!

Below is a little info about each of our breeding pens so you have some idea of what color you might get. You can see more photos of them on our website below and are always happy to answer any questions about them. If you see some you like feel free to email us about special orders.

Our Cochin Bantam pens includes …

1. ** 1 - F4 Calico/Mille Fleur rooster "Winchester" with 2- F3 Calico/Mille Fleur Cochin Bantam hens, 1- F1 Calico hen. My rooster and one of the Mille hens came from Lynne Wingshadows Hacienda in CA. She has been working on the Mille Fleur variety in Cochin Bantams for several years and has some awesome birds. I bought the other 2 hens who are hatched from her eggs. The other hen is one that I have bred and raised from my Buff Columbian/Mottled breeding. **UPDATE** I have now added 2 Calico/Mille roosters and 5 Calico/Mille laying hens to this pen. I have hatched and raised all from my breeders, a few are even Chocolate Calico and all are just Georgeous! Will be posting pictures later this weekend. (Egg code CMC)

2. ** Blue Mottled rooster "Remington" who is out of Winchester above and a Blue Mottled hen. He is just beautiful nice dark blue with LOTS of Mottling! In with him are 3 Black Mottled Cochin Bantam hens and 1 of my Black show quality hens . All are really heavy mottled and hens are from Blue Mottled hens so should get a higher number of Blue Mottled chicks than black. (Egg code BMTC)

3. ** Blue Mottled rooster "OJ" (Oreo Jr) with 2 -F1 Black Mottled Frizzled hens. Both hens I bred and raised from a black frizzled hen bred to Oreo. They only have a few mottled feathers but their F2 chicks should have really nicely mottled and half should be frizzled as well. Also in this pen is 3 Blue Frizzled hens to get started in Blue Mottled Frizzled. I just LOVE Blue Mottleds! (Egg code BMTFC)

4. ** Splash Frizzled rooster "Fonzi" with 1 Black and 3 Splash hens. All have really nice full round buns and the Black hens are from a show strain of Bob Rhodes. Chicks from this pen will be Blue and Splash only and some will be frizzled as well. I've been hatching some really nice colorful splash and blue show quality birds from them all. (Egg code SFC)

5. ** Lemon Blue rooster "Prince" is just gorgeous with a hint of metallic lemon gold in his hackles. Which is just beautiful in contrast to his dark blue base coloring with lighter splash coloring in his wings and tail. With him is a Lemon Splash hen "Goldilocks" with her golden coloring in her hackles against the lighter splash coloring it is easy to see how she gets her name! Also in the pen is another Splash and 2 Blue hens. All are great type with very full buns, with a very unique coloring which so far the chicks I have hatched from them look just like them. They are all just beautiful!. (Egg code LBC)

6. ** Breeding trio of nice dark mahogany Red Cochin Bantams, "Rusty, Lucky & Ethel" I am raising a few chicks now from them and all have heavy feathered feet, nice type and wonderful dark red mahogany color like my RI Reds. I just love them! (Egg code RC)

7. ** Breeding pair of Silver Laced. "Bruce Almighty" and "Lacie" are two of my favorite birds and are throwing some really nice clean laced chicks. I am raising several chicks now from them to expand my Silver Laced breeding program later this fall and can't wait!

9. ** Breeding pair of Buff Barred. Really love these, they are more lemon colored then buff easy to see why they are called Lemon Cuckoos overseas.

All birds on our farm are blood tested Pullorum/Typhoid clean. We see that our birds are kept happy and healthy by giving them the best feed and TLC daily! Our Heritage RI Reds get to free range while our purebred bantams are kept in individual breeding pens away from predators. We feed a high quality, high protein all natural game bird breeder pellet with vitamins and minerals in the water daily to insure high fertility. We also feed a little scratch grains, Calf Manna and veggie treats from the garden daily. We LOVE spoiling our birds and it shows!

Chicken raisin' is all we do so I assure you we gather often to keep the eggs from getting to hot or to cold to stay fresh and fertile for you. Our hatching eggs we send out are no more than three days old. They are turned three times a day and stored in a temperature controlled room to assure you the best possible hatch. Eggs are usually fairly clean, but may contain occasional soiling. I do not wash eggs but will brush of excess soiling if present. Washing can contaminate the eggs and may decrease hatch rate. Eggs are wrapped individually in bubble wrap then nestled and secured in crumpled newspaper and box is clearly marked FRAGILE. I have found if I don't put Hatching Eggs on the box they get treated better also, but will gladly mark them that way if you so want. I've had very good success shipping this way. We have had an excellent hatch rate on our farm ourselves this year as well as with our shipped eggs. However, we cannot guarantee your hatch rate due to circumstances out of our control. Rough postal handling and incubator mishaps will make perfectly fertile eggs not develop or hatch. Purchasing shipped hatching eggs is a risk. Please be understanding and know this when purchasing hatching eggs. When your eggs arrive carefully unwrap them and store them pointy end down at room temperature for 12-24 hours to help the air cell settle from shipping.

I have Fibromyalgia and can't work. My chickens are my therapy that keep me going, selling a few hatching eggs and chicks helps me buy feed for my little feathered loved ones, THANK YOU for looking!

Hugs, God Bless and happy hatching from Lucky Pickens Farm!

Roslyn & Gary Pickens
Raisin' critters & havin' a ball in Danville, AR
http://community.webshots.com/user/luckypickens
Paypal address... [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi Roslyn,

Here's a quick pic of a few of my new little fluff balls from your cochin eggs. Quite the little cuties.

66270_cochin_chicks.jpg

Thanks,
Tim

Quote:
Hey, is that a partridge in there..the middle? Do you have Partridge Roslyn???
tongue.png

Quote:
Hey, is that a partridge in there..the middle? Do you have Partridge Roslyn???
tongue.png

Thanks Tim for posting the picture I know you will raising them. I've just hatched a few from some new colors I am working on. I do have partridge but lost my rooster a short time ago so I put my hens in with my Blue Columbian rooster while his girls were in the broody cage . He sure was happy to have a few girl friends again and boy are the chicks getting pretty. All came out looking exactly the same, light cream color with blue lines down from head and back. They are around 2 weeks old now and have the partridge pattern but light blue and tan coloring. Can't wait to see how they mature out looking. I put two partridge frizzle hens in with my silver laced rooster and that breeding is due to come off this weekend and can't wait to see how those chicks look. After I lost my partridge rooster I kept several partridge chicks hoping to raise a replacement rooster, but wouldn't you know they all are pullets. How lucky for me LOL! I've started looking for a partridge rooster but not letting the girls get broody. I have the straight girls now with a young buff barred rooster and the frizzle partridge girls back in with my splash red silkie rooster. They were in with him and didn't think they were laying yet but after the mystery sizzle chick turned up I am guessing that he came from them. I have hatched several sizzles now from them and several have been buff colored as well as partridge colored. I really do love the sizzles more than the silkies. They get the cochins sweet personalities and are so dang cute with their little top knot and beards. I also believe they take better care of their eggs and chicks then the silkies. They get that from the cochins for sure and they are my all time favorite bantam!

Quote:
Tim I think that chocolate one is a calico mille, I have had a few hatch just like it and boy did they turn out pretty. I will have to get pictures tomorrow of them. I have 2 pullets and 2 roosters like them and really like how they are turning out. I may breed them back to each other and see what I get. You will have to keep me posted on how yours turns out. I'm really happy you had a good hatch and hope you enjoy your new babies.

Roslyn

I just hatched these fuzzybutts yesterday. I bought these eggs. Very cute tiny little babies. I had them shipped in extreme heat, so I'm thrilled with 8. Hope to have some of them in the fair this September.
Thanks Mrs. Pickens!
big_smile.png

88100_a.jpg

Quote:
Tim I think that chocolate one is a calico mille, I have had a few hatch just like it and boy did they turn out pretty. I will have to get pictures tomorrow of them. I have 2 pullets and 2 roosters like them and really like how they are turning out. I may breed them back to each other and see what I get. You will have to keep me posted on how yours turns out. I'm really happy you had a good hatch and hope you enjoy your new babies.

Roslyn

I think you are correct. It has several little red spots beginning to show through and one big one on the back of its head. There a very few little white spots one its wing feathers. They change so much as they grow. I'm excited to see how they turn out. The calicos are what I am really after. When the weather cools off a bit I'd like to get another dozen or so from your your calicos.

Tim

Last edited:
Quote:
That is just wonderful that you got 8 cute little bitties. I am THRILLED to hear the wonderful news. Thank you for sharing them with me. I know you will love watching them grow and hope you win lots of blue with them all!

Thank you again,
Roslyn

Back
Top Bottom