12+ B/B/S (mostly)-English Orps

slackwater

Songster
9 Years
Feb 1, 2010
SoMD
I must admit, I'm a sucker for fluffy, blue chickens - and these blue/black/splash (B/B/S) part-English orps are a huge favorite of mine. Now, they're part-English for a reason - I need my chickens to be at least somewhat practical, so I have *some* American orp blood in the flock so that the birds are a *bit* lighter bodied, and therefore don't have as many issues with fertility and laying rates as their full-English counterparts. In actuality, the birds range from 50% to 100% English, with the gentleman being 75% (blue) and 100% (black) - so you will get very-English chicks at not-very-English chick prices. Perfect for fellow backyard hobbyists who want BEAUTIFUL birds that are also inherently practical.

In this sale, you will get 12+ fertile hatching eggs, carefully packaged and shipped via USPS. My feedback speaks to my ability to wrap eggs so that they arrive safely intact. However, as with all sales of shipped hatching eggs, I *cannot* guarantee your hatch rate! Factors such as temperature extremes, rough handling and x-raying the package can significantly impact your potential hatch rate - before the eggs are even delivered! If you want a guaranteed number of chicks, I recommend that you consider purchasing chicks directly.

Shipping is $14 - for a total of $50.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hello! I do sell chicks on an as-ordered basis (I don't regularly have chicks hatching all the time). They are $7.50/each, plus actual cost of shipping (box is $14 + express/overnight shipping costs).

any clue about what the shipping runs?
i am in california if that helps 95695
just a range or est is fine so i an figure out some #s
thanks

Quote:
Hello! Express shipping is typically $15 to $40 (in your case, $40), and Priority is typically $10 to $20 (in your case, $20). Most sellers prefer to ship Express, but I find that both methods typically take 2 days for all but the most remote locations. The biggest difference with Express is that it is guaranteed...but I have *received* multiple shipments via Priority and had them all arrive in 2 days.

Most of mine lay 6-8 a week during peak times and in off times 4-6.
However I have found they drastically reduce once they get closer to 3 years of age and that can be cut in half.

Back
Top Bottom