12+ Blue & Splash Bantam Cochin Eggs

FlightsofFancy

Songster
12 Years
Jan 22, 2008
Canton, GA
5919_raya_bbell.jpg

These Bantam Cochins are heavily feathered, with a Splash roo over splash and blue hens. So far I have gotten a few light blues, reg blues and mostly splash chicks with incredible fertility and hatch rates.
Ready to ship now, or book them in advance. $15 covers Priority shipping or add $6 extra (approx, need zip to get exact amount) for over night shipping.

**Please do not hit buy now! Please contact me to place orders.**

Last edited:
Oh, I love seeing my babies! Snatch these eggs up. I had a great hatch (the pics is of the 4 babies I hatched last year).

Quote:
Hey Munkeesmama!!!! I love that pic you took! I hope it's ok that I used it bcuz it's way better than any of mine so far.
smile.png

Quote:
Self-Blue is a totally seperate gene than normal blue.. Breeding Splash to Blue will ONLY give Splash and normal Blue.. Self-Blue is the true name for the Lavender color.
wink.png

Pretty hen tho.. Do you have more pics of the hens and pisc of the rooster?

Thanks!

Quote:
Self-Blue is a totally seperate gene than normal blue.. Breeding Splash to Blue will ONLY give Splash and normal Blue.. Self-Blue is the true name for the Lavender color.
wink.png

Thanks!

I agree with the genetics, but I am getting these really light, slate blue chicks. The Rooster to my Splash rooster was black and we think he might have carried that gene. Two of my blue hens were related to the rooster from last year. The siblings to the Splash roo from last year were self blue. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures as I sold them all....as I have never cared for the self blues (now a novelty and called Lavender)
wink.png

I will post some pictures of the Splash Rooster later today.

SOO pretty! The chickens are cute too! LOL I cant wait to get some eggies!
wink.png

Quote:
wink.png

Thanks!

I would like to see pictures of the roosters too.
smile.png

ACK! It's raining here but in between storms I shooed them out of the house and took some pictures. Not the best but you can see the basic idea.

5919_img_2516.jpg

Quote:
The Rooster to your Splash rooster genetically could no have been black he had to of been a very dark blue as Black to Blue will only produce Black and Blue chicks, Black to Splash will only produce Blue chicks, and Black to Lavender (self-blue) would only produce Black chicks carrying the Lavender (self-blue) gene.
wink.png
Sounds like the siblings and the chicks you are getting are all light blues which breeding Splash to Blue will lighten up the blues they produce. Sorry but I just cant see how you would be getting any self-blues especially out of reg blues and splashes.

You do have a decent looking little quad there though
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom