12 chickens 14 eggs

PQ4evr

Songster
11 Years
Jan 20, 2009
Bellville Ohio
We currently have 12 chickens we average 11 eggs a day today we got 14 can some chickens lay 2 in one day ? we have 2 buff orphingtons 2 EE 2 barred rock and 6 RIRs.
idunno.gif

thats is alot of eggs ... it would take my family of three 2 weeks to eat that many eggs nice selection of birds .. i just ordered 8 birds from meyers a few days ago , 2 rir , 2 slw , 2 buff orpingtons and 2 EE lol........ i called today and changed the order to 5 rir, 2 slw, 2 buffu orpingtons and 4 EE .. i might be in trouble the hen ouse is only a 4x8 with a 12x8 run.. i bought a few more incase some die during shipping

Last edited:
Thank you we are getting 20 chicks more just for eggs and 30 meats from Meyers making a family run out there to pick them up the DH even took the day off . my son raises them to show at fair and the eggs he sells to the neighbors. we were just shocked he took lotsa treats out there today telling them what good chickens they were
gig.gif

Hi,

It has never happened to me but I have seen several posts here lately that some hens have laid 2 eggs in one day. I really don't know if it's possible.

Are you sure you didn't miss finding any on previous days? That can happen very easily. One day I found 5 eggs from my 4 RIR's but then I realized I only found 2 the day before and they always lay at least 3, mostly 4. So I figured the extra one was an egg I didn't find the day before. Also, sometimes they lay VERY late in the day. I have had a hen lay an egg about 8:30 PM and if I hadn't gone out unusually late to check on the girls, I would have thought it was laid the next day.

Hope you find the answer! Genie

That's funny I just posted the same question (sort of.) So far, in a month two of our birds have laid two eggs in one day. Today the second egg had no shell
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom