12+ Cream Legbar - Hatching Eggs. Oldest flock in the country.

Yes we plan to ship eggs again this year. We have 5 pullets from last years hatches and 5 hens from last year's breeding group that we will be breeding this year. We are currently setting up test hatches. We have started a wait list and will begin to ship eggs around the first week of March.

Are they blue egg layers? Pictures are hard to tell and the link is not working. Thank you.

Yes...the Cream Legbars is a Blue Egg laying breed. No, photos don't do justice to the egg color of blue eggs. Link

Blue Egg -96 x 270(1).jpg

History: This breed is a spin-off of the first formal study done on blue eggs genetics. The Blue Egg project was carried out by R.G. Punnet head of the Cambridge University Breeding program with hens imported to England from Chile in 1927. His research was published in the Journal of Genetics in 1933.

Punnet's other research at the Camberage University Breeding Program included discovery of autosexing and the discovery of gene for cream plumage. Much of this is found in his 1940 publication "The Legbar" and 1948 publication "Cream Plumage". Punnet introduced the Crested Cream Legbar to the World at the London Dairy Show in 1947 as an example of the work he was undertaking. It was standardized to be used as a commercial utility breed and was accepted into the written standard of breed of the Poultry Club of Great Britain in 1958 making it the first recognized Blue Egg Laying breed in the world (the APA Auracana standard wasn't approved in 1976 and the Ameraucana until 1984).

Last edited:
Thank you Gary. I am trying to get some. Wanted to order chicks, but am thinking I might have to try hatching eggs. Are you still selling them?

Yes this was a post from 2017, but we ship eggs from March-June so you timing is good. We will be shipping our first set of eggs for the year this week. I haven't posted a new add for 2018 but need to. I will keep all the prices and terms the same as what we did last year. I will message you.

Back
Top Bottom