12 eggs in mini incubator rotation vibration worries

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by yuaan, Sep 1, 2013.

1. yuaan

yuaan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    Its the 2nd day of my eggs being in the incubator . Although the instrucitons have said 10 hen eggs but as the bantams eggs being small sized , a egg breeder lady advised me to fit all of them in and after 4 to 14 days when i candle them i can throw empty eggs away and that is how i will have room and more chanced to have more chicks.
    I rotate the eggs 3 times a day but duu to limited space in incubator the eggs clinks (touch each other) i am worried about whether the vibration from clinking together with ther egg might damage the embryo .Is it something to worry about ?
    second. the incubator i have in on the writing desk and due to movement the desk sometime get banged and vibrates , will that also be bad for the eggs?

2. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    I think they should be fine. When they are being incubated by a hen they get moved around all the time so I would think a little vibration shouldn't hurt them.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Touching each other shouldn't hurt the eggs, when they are in a nest they all touch each other as the hen moves them around. The vibrations from just moving things on the desk shouldn't be a problem, as long as you aren't really bouncing it around.

4. yuaan

yuaan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    Some more questions on rotation.
    The lady I have purchased the eggs from has advised me that never place your incubator on floor as the eggs do not like Hoover vibration. Donor know what she meant . That is why I was concern.
    Secondly . I have lost the track on rotating pattern , some time there were 6 hours cap and come times 7 hours gap in between rotation , will this kill the baby chick if there are any in the eggs as its just the 3rd day of incubation.
    Tried question, I have marked O and X on the eggs to I know which side i am turning my eggs . But I have read that when the embryo is growing by rotating the eggs that way can tangle the blood vessels.
    Fourth question. As I have limited space in incubator and I have 12 eggs sitting in it , when I rotate the eggs and try to put the lid/dome back too the bator some eggs rotate slightly where the X or O rotates to the middle rather than staying pointing to the top. Is that bad too.

I know I am asking lots of question but its my first time incubating eggs from bators and I am paranoid even my sleeping patterns have disturbed .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by