12 hours no heat is there still a chance???

bearfeet3

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
I have 2 1-week old sebastopol goose eggs in the incubator and last night my boyfriend accidentaly unplugged it theyve been without heat for 12 hours. The sad thing was I just candled them for the first time yesterday and they were showing development. Please help
sad.png

I actually tried not getting my hopes up this time...but after seeing the little embryo in there and then somthing stupid and completley preventable like this happens, its hard not to be upset. I left them in there and plugged it back in, but I know chances are theyre both dead...

Really??? I was already mourning their loss...that gave me some hope, I'll see how theyre doing in a couple days. Wish them luck!

I don't think it would hurt them either...birds leave the nests to eat all the time while setting eggs.

My advice: leave them plugged in and loose the BF.

I had 15 maran eggs in the incubator and we lost power for longer then that, have hope. One of those babies made it! Just keep trying, you may get some to hatch! Best of luck!

Quote:
haha I know, I didnt want to say anything but what a moron...he forgot about the eggs and unplugged the cord to plug in his laptop. He said he thought it was the lamp cord. He offered to buy new ones this morning, but that's really not the point at all...

Last edited:
Quote:
Aww thank you, that makes me feel alot better. If one of them made it...now I can except a hatch on easter! By the way, how many of your maran eggs hatched?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom