12+ Icelandic hatching eggs

Farmerboy16

Rebuilding my Farm
9 Years
Dec 30, 2010
Sparta, MI
Rare Icelandic hatching eggs!

These rare chickens originally came from the country of Iceland, and these chickens are especially cold hearty, good foragers, good setters, and they lay a medium white egg. There is no standard. One hen can lay eggs that hatch multiple colored chicks. The adult birds are medium sized, can have yellow or slate legs, may be crested or non-crested, and have white earlobes. The combs vary from bird to bird.

Upon Delivery:

Allow eggs to settle and to warm slowly to room temperature, preferably overnite before placing in the incubator. Abrupt warming from 55 degrees to 100 degrees causes moisture condensation on the egg shell that leads to disease and reduced hatches.
We advise that the eggs be carefully unpacked and placed small end down. This will help egg settle. Ideal storage conditions include a 55 to 68 degrees F. temperature and 75% relative humidity.
Some eggs will have a detached air cell from shipping. Incubate these eggs as well, small end down. There is still a chance for hatch.
Shipping will be USPS Priority for $16.00 Eggs will be sent out on Mondays and Tuesdays and Wednesday as available.

As you all know shipping of hatching eggs is a gamble, so therefore I don't guarantee that you will have a good hatch, a good hatch depends on how the box is handled after it leaves my hands, also on incubation technique, and hatching technique. What I do guarantee is that you will get eggs that are no more then 2 days old when we put them in the box. I individually wrap each egg in bubble wrap and double box the eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom