1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12+ Lavender Orpington Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Chicky Tocks, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I like big butts and I cannot lie!

I have a small flock of big and beautiful lavender orpingtons that have been culled down to only the most lovely of the breed. All birds are HinkJC originated. After a long winter's break, they're now popping out huevos like crazy! Fertility has been tested and Mr. Man hasn't been slacking on his job. Fertility testing was 10 out of 10 eggs and 9 hatched successfully (one quit).

My flock is especially calm and friendly, not flighty. Mr. man is very people friendly.

All eggs are gathered fresh and daily and nothing more than 3 days old is ever shipped. I ship 2-3 day Priority and in most cases the package arrives in 2 days. My packing process is over the top. However due to bad days at the PO, I can't give a 100% guarantee. The hatch rate depends on you, the knowledge you possess, and your incubator or hencubator.

I accept Paypal, but other methods of payment may be possible. Just send me a PM. Eggs are $30 for 12+ plus shipping.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. sasimpson77

sasimpson77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Does the price include shipping?

3. Chicky Tocks

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Sorry, no it does not. I'll edit that in.

4. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    Have you bookmarked. Don't have my incubator yet, but live outside of Shreveport. [​IMG] Will PM you.

5. kodster

kodster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2013

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  6. sreihart

sreihart Chillin' With My Peeps

This may be a dumb question. I live in central Pennsylvania. We're still in the throws of cold weather up here, so should I wait until it's warmer to have eggs shipped? I know it's gets pretty cold in some of those post office hubs and I don't want to pay good money and then have the embryos die in transit.

7. Hippie Chicks Mom

Hippie Chicks Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Near Old Forge NY
    How much would it be to ship to NY state. I am in zip code 13331. Love Lav Orps!

8. Chicky Tocks

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Between $12-$15 covers most shipping areas USPS Priority 2-3 days. I would prefer not to ship eggs to any area below freezing, especially if there's a chance that the roads will be iced or power might be lost, however for a couple extra dollars I can add heat packs.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  9. Serenity30

Serenity30 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2013
    Southern Louisiana
    Any eggs available around 3/25/14? I am located in Southern LA.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  10. bounceraatnol

bounceraatnol New Egg

Feb 28, 2014
    hey I live 2 hrs south of you in leesville

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by