12+ Naked Neck Turken Chicken Hatching Eggs Mixed colors LF

Here in the mountains of TN, it's pretty common for it to drop to 0 in winter. My chickens have never had an issue with that aside from the normal protecting for frostbite around the comb areas, just as you would with fully feathered ones. My coop is deep litter method and it does tend to stay a little warmer in the winter---but in an insulated coop? I think you would have no problems there at all.

Okay :) Well I would definitely be interested in getting 6 or or so from you sometime next year or the year after. Im not setup for chicks at this time plus i need to order a incubator and make some renovations to my coop and run. I thank you for all the info!

Last edited:
Okayi will! Thanks you've been so helpful aready! Oh i think i do have one more question are they a mean or agressive breed? Cause right now i have 3 bantam cochins a millie fleur d'uucle and a welsummer mix. Im curious is they would boss the little chickens around?

I actually do not breed any aggressive roosters/hens. All of my chickens are friendly and they follow me around the yard for treats and just to be nosy. They come when I call them. I have smaller chicks in my pen (about 10 weeks old so 1/2 size) and they don't give any mind to them. I'm sure if they were raised together you would have no problems, but do keep in mind that this is a heavier bird---so if any interbreeding occurs it might not turn out so great on the hens end---NO PUN INTENDED.

Okay i appreciate it! I wasnt planning on having roosters but since there so beautiful! I might just have to build a nice big seperate run (next to the one i have now) and a seperate coop :) lol its okay i understand I didnt think about the roosters that will be in those eggs. I watch videos on Turkens and i just find them so halariously funny and adorable! Im sad for the people that think there ugly... There just like any other chicken just a little bald ;P

I think they are the best mix of everything ;) They are great layers, great moms, great table bird, unique, affectionate and gentle. But I would say that because they are my favorite!

Yeah! There probably the best dual purpose bird ive seen in a long time! Then again if i wanted tk breed them i should probably get a male from someone else? Since these guys will be realted? Un less you can include eggs from different hen/rooster breeidngs?

Back
Top Bottom